Dremel multi type tool for scratchbuilding

nrg710

Check the Chuck

Is it running true , no wobbling,. Is it attached to the Drill correctly and not loose on the mounting thread , there should be  a spanner inuluded in the box. No unusual noises when running  e.g bearings worn out. I  hardly ever use mine at high speed , its not needed for most jobs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, micklner said:

Check the Chuck

Is it running true , no wobbling,. Is it attached to the Drill correctly and not loose on the mounting thread , there should be  a spanner inuluded in the box. No unusual noises when running  e.g bearings worn out. I  hardly ever use mine at high speed , its not needed for most jobs.

Thanks Mick, I'll check that.

The only reason I used the chuck was because I didn't have a suitable collet.  But I have now ordered a collet set along with better mandrels.  I'm determined to get it sorted because I know the tool itself is a good bit of kit.

Thanks everyone for advice.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, cravensdmufan said:

Thanks Ian,

Yes the mandrels have been central in the chuck and the discs themselves look as if the holes are central.

I was pushing the shaft of the mandrel in about half way - plenty for the chuck to grip onto I thought.

Will report back again as per above post.

Vivian

This could be the problem.

If the Mandrel was in any way not straight, and going straight up to full speed, then the forces at 32000 rpm are quite significant.

When using a mandrel in a DRemmel, I always make sure that it is fully home, and the disc is true at a slow speed before winding it up to the required rate.

Regards

Ian

• Informative/Useful 1