BRM - December 2013

SteveCole

A quick mention for a couple of other layouts featured this month.

Oil Drum Lane is a well-observed TMD layout which, thankfully, only features one freight operator and shows what can be achieved in a small space with the support of RTP buildings.

OD7s.jpg

I owe an apology to Ian Cockcroft for the mis-spelling of his name in the issue but it's a great little feature on using outdoor space to make room for a decent-sized layout. Do you know of anything similar?

Dew2s.jpg

• Like 3

First time I've bought BRM in many a year - more of an impulse purchase this time around, although I will have to buy next month's issue for "Heyside", a superb O Scale layout :sungum:

Just such a pity in this month's issue that the large 'centrefold' pic from "DitD" was utterly ruined by the foreground Class 37's nose clearly coming adrift.... :O :nono:

Just such a pity in this month's issue that the large 'centrefold' pic from "DitD" was utterly ruined by the foreground Class 37's nose clearly coming adrift.... :O :nono:

It's not something that was noticed in the flesh or in the review of the images (by all parties), I've looked at it and it's 0.5mm if that.

DF15e.jpg

Can't be much wrong with it then if this is the only item to pick fault with. :imsohappy:

Can't be much wrong with it then if this is the only item to pick fault with. :imsohappy:

I didn't say there was.... and it's often true that close-up photography is very cruel; I was caught out myself when my own layout appeared in Continental Modeller.

But the error is there, & once noticed then it sticks out somewhat, & really spoils the picture. :(

I didn't say there was.... and it's often true that close-up photography is very cruel; I was caught out myself when my own layout appeared in Continental Modeller.

But the error is there, & once noticed then it sticks out somewhat, & really spoils the picture. :(

What was your layout again?

• Like 1

What was your layout again?

It's a rather small, obscure one, which has done a grand total of 2 Shows & been in 2magazines, has a thread somewhere here, but it will never be in BRM in a million years.... or MR, or RM, or MRJ either, as it's 'Foreign'.... so I'd expect many modellers to ignore it anyway, but people are quite welcome to point and laugh, & shout out the error I mentioned - what it is & which loco it applies to. :D ....I won't mind, and it's been corrected since anyway ;)

It's a rather small, obscure one, which has done a grand total of 2 Shows & been in 2magazines, has a thread somewhere here, but it will never be in BRM in a million years.... or MR, or RM, or MRJ either, as it's 'Foreign'.... so I'd expect many modellers to ignore it anyway, but people are quite welcome to point and laugh, & shout out the error I mentioned - what it is & which loco it applies to. :D ....I won't mind, and it's been corrected since anyway ;)

Good answer

ha ha

• 3 years later...

A quick mention for a couple of other layouts featured this month.

Oil Drum Lane is a well-observed TMD layout which, thankfully, only features one freight operator and shows what can be achieved in a small space with the support of RTP buildings.

attachicon.gifOD7s.jpg

This layout is realy nice, i like it very well.