Waiting for a Train - Painted Model Railway Figures by The Purple Primer

ThePurplePrimer

This one has been sat half done on my bench for weeks

Not for an order just did him based on a conversation I had with someone and he sounded like an interesting character

Here we have a 4mm scale Gentleman Farmer impatiently waiting for delivery of something ( my guess is a new tractor ) - he has his gold watch in his hand ready to tear someone off a strip for being late. He is wearing wellies but I get the feeling they dont see much mud.

This is a 'simple' conversion of a Dapol figure - a hat swap and his legs carved around a bit to give him some boots rather than smart shoes

He was fun as I had a mental picture of him in my head - he is now off to to the varnishing bench

post-20732-0-14914200-1392395083.jpg

post-20732-0-24989200-1392395082.jpg

post-20732-0-60091800-1392395083.jpg

post-20732-0-72446200-1392395082.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

" Never Work with Animals or Children "

Good advice - tricky, tricky, tricky

This is a 4mm hunt scene ( Langleys ) sent to me for painting by a client plus a Dart Casting one hidden in there

NB - I really need to get the hang of this posh camera - pulling hair out. ( I need to retake this - fuzzy )

post-20732-0-51950200-1394028574_thumb.jpg

please click to see larger 

Edited by ThePurplePrimer

• RMweb Gold

Beautiful work Rob.I've always wanted to do this scene myself but was put off by the age of the Langley castings.However, they do look good after a paint job in a craftsman's hands.

Thanks for the kind words Robin

I can't in all honesty say these were the easiest models to paint but most figures will give in if you throw enough effort at them and if it's a set or scene you really need then I suppose it's worth it ?

The dogs though are actually quite nice - I would happily do those again

• Like 1

Hi Robin

Actually that's a good question

I was sent this to paint by the client - I think he had them in a drawer for some time.

The Langley box lists them as Ref. F34

What arrived in that box was 6 horses and 6 riders ( two of them ladies )

One man on foot serving drinks

8 Fox Hounds

I added the fox ( Dart Castings ) from my own stock

NB I can't be sure thats what comes as standard in that set 

HTH

• RMweb Premium

He's just won the Bowling for a Pig at the village fete. There was a time when the prize was indeed a live piglet. Many country people kept a single pig until it was big enough for slaughter, so getting your 'starter set' pig free was an advantage.

Pete

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell who these two are supposed to be ?

attachicon.gifoah.jpg

N.ner...ner not sh...not sure, might just nip down to the corner shop and aaaaa aaask the owner if he ner ner knows!

Lovely work !

• RMweb Gold

Cracking stuff as usual Rob.Dart Castings in the main I see.Which figure is the second group of four.Far right please.

I'm fairly confident he is a Monty's Models signalman. MSV58

I really enjoy seeing your work Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Cracking work- I like the tartan hat on the 7mm figure. Did you hand-paint that? I once did a kilt on an Airfix Black Watch figure (quite a bit larger than yours), and almost went boss-eyed..

Yes hand painted the hat - fun but fiddly

When I get around to building my own layout I think I will have standard issues hats - in a PLAIN colour :-)

I have one of those Black Watch kits somewhere - I might even get the time to build and paint it one day