DCC Controlled (PECO) Turntable Project using a Arduino Uno

5 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Yes, that’s just the issue..

maybe I need to be less of a cheap skate and go for a better stepper .. lol

but that will probably mean a re-write of the sketch. (Why is it a sketch and not coding?? We never had sketches when I did GCSE and A level computing in the 1990’s? Mind you it was on a BBC model B! A sketch was what you did in art class!)

• 1 month later...

Well I seem to have come to a standstill, waiting on others to give me a hint with code that I can’t fathom on my own. Maybe a model forum is not the best place to ask, but also lacked replies on the other forums. 

it may have to simply be I add another button to just nudge the deck 

1 hour ago, ianjeffery said:

hI, not been on here for a while, but thought id come back for a bit.

@andysollis1 i can help you with the code if you need help.  I dabled a bit with backlash but gave up for a more direct drive and using microsteps ( tmc2208 ).

if you need my help,  just ask. its only fair i give back what i got out of this.

Ian

https://www.dccinterface.com/turntable

A very grateful PM has been sent.

andy 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes i have 8 tracks on the transfer table (transverser()

and two leading to it & the sketch hashome (200)

pluas three (201-202-203)

i tried adding 204 which worked but then 203 did not

so what needs adding /changing to get five addresses instead of four

please

29 minutes ago, trevora said:

Yes i have 8 tracks on the transfer table (transverser()

and two leading to it & the sketch hashome (200)

pluas three (201-202-203)

i tried adding 204 which worked but then 203 did not

so what needs adding /changing to get five addresses instead of four

please

This is what i tried same as above but with extra

maybe not what was required?

DCC_Fully_Working_with_5_addresses.ino

• RMweb Premium

You have gAddresses[3] twice:

gAddresses[0].address = 200;
  gAddresses[1].address = 201;
  gAddresses[2].address = 202;
  gAddresses[3].address = 203;
  gAddresses[3].address = 204;

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

It often needs a fresh pair of eyes to spot the basic mistakes. You can look, look again and still not see the obvious.

I've done it myself several times and only after leaving it and coming back fresh do you spot what you have done wrong.

• Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...

hi all.

just a quick update. i decided to stop selling turntable related products due to a recent amount of abuse/upset and i just dont feel it was justified. I was making them cause i love doing it, solding boards together, writting code, interacting with customers, helping them to write arduino code, but i feel like i have just had my nads repeatidly whacked with a bat ( Boyle style from B99! ) and the amount of rudeness and upset doesnt justify going on. Never really understood why people are rude and nasty and threatening to people. dont want to be part of it.

If anyone wants help with code, or writting, or help with problems, still available to help.

• Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Sorry to hear pepole are not glad of the help you offer

and end up treating you like that

please keep helping those that treat you right

sod the others they do not deserved help anyway

I have been glad of help from here & if that had not worked

maybe your help could have been asked of next

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, ianjeffery said:

hi all.

just a quick update. i decided to stop selling turntable related products due to a recent amount of abuse/upset and i just dont feel it was justified. I was making them cause i love doing it, solding boards together, writting code, interacting with customers, helping them to write arduino code, but i feel like i have just had my nads repeatidly whacked with a bat ( Boyle style from B99! ) and the amount of rudeness and upset doesnt justify going on. Never really understood why people are rude and nasty and threatening to people. dont want to be part of it.

If anyone wants help with code, or writting, or help with problems, still available to help.

Sorry to hear that Ian. If you have any boards left please PM me as I'm sure I can find a use for a few.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 21/08/2021 at 09:36, ianjeffery said:

hi all.

Keyboard warriors again, no doubt :(

In a parallel universe they'll get their comeuppance :yes:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Keyboard warriors again, no doubt :(

In a parallel universe they'll get their comeuppance :yes:

They're all a bunch of flecking cowards, who hide behind the cloak of anonymity to call and berate people. Often as not, having no real understanding of the topic but convince themselves they are in fact experts. I can't write what I'd like to do to these barstewards, as I'd probably get banned for life. 

Edited by BSW01
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 21/08/2021 at 09:36, ianjeffery said:

hi all.

Hi Ian.

Really sorry to hear you have been upset by your treatment on this forum.

As a suggestion :  You would be doing everybody on RmWeb a favour if you reported the offender(s) to Andy Y......... he is the moderator or one of them, and I think he has the ability/power to stop these morons using Rmweb.

This would give the morons what they deserve !!

Regards

Edited by pylonman
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, pylonman said:

Hi Ian.

Really sorry to hear you have been upset by your treatment on this forum.

As a suggestion :  You would be doing everybody on RmWeb a favour if you reported the offender(s) to Andy Y......... he is the moderator or one of them, and I think he has the ability/power to stop these morons using Rmweb.

This would give the morons what they deserve !!

Regards

Do we know it was on this forum?

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi,  it was not on this forum, and i dont know whether this individual is part of this forum or not - im not going to go looking ( or say who it was ) - thats not fair.  The threats were to post on various online spaces things that "would make sure no one buys your devices again".  Im not out to screw money out of anyone, im not out to make shoddy goods, i genuinely found something i could do that i loved. I think i was just naive that everyone would be nice, id get to know them , build a relationship , it would be fun, wasnt out to take advantage of anyone and share a common interest - so its shocked me alot and i dont think i deserved it - obviously everyone has their opinion and viewpoint and i must respect that too. I guess i just need to figure out if i went back to it in the future, would i approach it the same way - as a friendly operation as apposed to a hardnosed business ( which isnt me ). 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Ian,

Sorry to hear that some keyboard warrior has upset you.  I can only say that my experience of buying from you was excellent and you were more than happy to deal with my requests/queries.  For the sake of other modellers out there like me who wouldn't know the first thing about how to combine all the various components together I hope that you do have a change of heart in the future.  Unfortunately, there seem to be some people out there who are just out to moan about everything!

Iain

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

"im not going to go looking ( or say who it was ) - thats not fair."

I think I disagree.  I think it would be entirely fair for him (I'm making an assumption there) to feel the way you feel as a result of his threats

If said person had a genuine complaint, and took it to you in an honest and open way, and for whatever reason you did not agree, he has the option of accepting that, talking to trading standards, or going down the small claims route to settle his grievance.  What he does not have the right to do online, any more than if he were face to face, is threaten you, and even more, he does not have to right to hide his indentity behind a nom-de-plume.

You may choose not to name names and potentially escalate an already unpleasant situation, thus to walk away, and I can't say that I would do otherwise, but please do advise the moderators of the relevant forums, so he can be removed - our collective online freedom to talk, discuss, debate and disagree cannot be subject to anonymous bullying - If the bullies and trolls take over  none of us has freedom of expression or freedom of speech.

best

Simon

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

To badly quote the Old Latin Motto,

Nil Carborundum Ilegitemi,

(Don’t let the Bast###s Grind You Down)

Without people like you, how are us measly modellers supposed to carry on?

Just when I was hoping Santa was going to fill my stocking with your wonderful new turntable…….. 

Chin up, and (hopefully) carry on.

You keep designing, and I’ll keep buying, and sod the detractors!

Regards,

Alan.

• Agree 2