4 wheeled wagons?

dave ottney

OK another question from a Yank.  Are those little 4 wheeled goods wagons still used?  If they are not when did their use end?  A local hobby shop has a bunch of GF and Peco wagons but I'm not sure what period they're from.

Here's a link to some of the stuff they have on their site-

http://stores.djunction.com/-strse-N-Gauge-cln-Rolling-Stock-cln-British/searchpath/264135124/start/19/total/68/Categories.bok

Some of the Peco they have is on page 8.  Apparently there's going to be a lot more listed shortly.

Thanks for any information you might post.

Dave

The short-wheelbase manual and vacuum braked wagons and vans were phased out over 30 years ago. The newer long wheelbase vacuum-braked vehicles are still in use (although other people will have more knowledge about the current scene).

Thanks so much guys.  I thought they were phased out a while ago.  They're tempting because of their colorful nature and price but their period of use is a bit earlier than what I have now. 

Again thanks,

Dave

I just had a look at the 00 section in your link. I'm surprised that they sell UK 00 at all (I count 10 BRMNA members in NY state). I'm also surprised at the prices - they almost look like they've been priced as if the dollar and pound were at par. I wonder how that's working out for them. My local hobby shop thought they were doing us a favour by stocking UK rolling stock and locos - this was several years ago. What they found was that they couldn't easily sell them despite there being a decent community of UK modellers in Montreal. Why? Because, not knowing any better, they got the wrong stuff!

There are a fair number of UK railway retailers just over the border in Ontario. You can see links to them here: http://www.brmna.org/index.html

John

The shop owner bought a large warehouse of stock.  There's a lot of British, Japanese & European prototype stuff in N, HO & OO scales.  There will be more coming online as fast as they can get it listed.  The owner says he wants to move the stuff so that explains the pricing.  I say pass the word so others can take advantage of the deals.

Dave

Archived