DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Nothing like a blank wishlist to get fans going. :)

I would love an N gauge D600 Warship. Hydraulic modellers have been spoiled slighlty in the last couple of years but getting the full set would be very nice.

On the steam front, the big GWR 4700s were a handsome and unusual class. While not very numerous, interest is likely to rise in the next few years as the new build 4709 takes shape.

• Like 1

Dave,

I Wish for 4mm Scale versions of (  and all in 1/4 2014 of course !!! ;) ) ......

Class 71/74 .. Please.

SR Bullied design 2/4EPB ... Pretty Please.

"HALL"/"RMC" Aggregates Bogie PGA's .. Luverly Bright Orange and White .. and still in use today ... Pretty, Pretty Please

BR Design Mountfield-Nortfleet Gypsum PGA's ( Baby HAA bodies on HAA U/F - MMMmmmMMM ) ... Pretty, Pretty Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaase.

That'll do for Starters .... :D.

Mike

Edited by meld

Units!

175 fairly wide area of operations, North west, Wales.

323 bit of variety in colour two main areas of operation.

Really suprised no one of the big boys have ever had a go at PEP family, 313, 314, 315, 507, 508. I know it would need a number of sides, there being many subtle differences in window arrangement and roof detail but the overall shape and look remain constant. Loads of liveries a long life with years still left in service wide sphere of localised operation.

Trying to omit what the other manufacturers might do-

A new K3 (as BachFar have said it isn't on the cards) or a K1 instead- a K1 could possibly share drive with an L1 tank.......

A decent proper LNER tank loco- J72 preferred but could live with a J69 or J50.

- oh, and some celerestory roofed stock when finances allow for it.........

All the very best

Les

Edited by Les1952

I'd echo the request for the PEP family EMUs (in as many scales as you dare!), plus similarly the MK3 EMU family. You'd get a lot of mileage out of the shared tooling/CAD for both of those.

Maybe some 63ft MK1 suburban/non corridor coaches (mostly in N/0 I was thinking)? They might dovetail into some tooling for some MK1 EMUs as well...

I would welcome a Class 17 in O gauge - so it would just involve enlarging what you're already planning for N! I've suggested to Michael Edge that he might consider an O gauge version of his OO kit, but he told me he has no plans for that (I guess JLRT has taken a lot of kit customers). A Clayton would be a good size for O, and would also offer some potential for those interested in short passenger trains as well as the obvious freight use. The disadvantage is the restricted number of liveries, but clearly in N you don't think that would be a problem.

O gauge non-gangwayed Mk1s would be a very welcome addition too.

Paul

... Really suprised no one of the big boys have ever had a go at PEP family, 313, 314, 315, 507, 508. I know it would need a number of sides, there being many subtle differences in window arrangement and roof detail but the overall shape and look remain constant. Loads of liveries a long life with years still left in service wide sphere of localised operation.

I'd echo the request for the PEP family EMUs (in as many scales as you dare!), plus similarly the MK3 EMU family. You'd get a lot of mileage out of the shared tooling/CAD for both of those.

Maybe some 63ft MK1 suburban/non corridor coaches (mostly in N/0 I was thinking)? They might dovetail into some tooling for some MK1 EMUs as well...

More support here for the PEP-derived EMUs, in OO for me! The 313 is now rather widespread and has operated primarily as a 3-car unit rather than 4, which I guess is helpful.

And more support for the Mk1 suburbans in O (about which I've already posted, lest you think I'm trying to vote twice...).

Paul