DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Are you brave enough to do a 28 in N?

Hi Crepello,

Yes I am, both flat glazed and curved glazed cabs.

Whether I would want to though is another question.

Certainly at this stage I have the next tranche of models to be announced in July, so I'm not saying much at this stage.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have the next tranche of models to be announced in July, so I'm not saying much at this stage.

I hope that includes class 375 and/or 377 Electrostars in N. I'll buy at least a dozen sets of them.

• Like 1

George,

You might like to take a look at Atso-Cad. He has several of those coming up as 3D prints.

Yes I've seen a lot of Steve's work on this and other forums. Ideally I'd like to take a complete RTR loco out of the box, ask my nephew to put a dcc decoder in then run it. The 3d bodies look excellent, but at 80 and with arthritic fingers the fettling needed to marry up a chassis then paint and line the body is beyond me.

George

Hi Crepello,

Certainly at this stage I have the next tranche of models to be announced in July, so I'm not saying much at this stage.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

If you did "Derby London Road" (1970s) would be a very compelling layout project.

Peter

Hi Crepello,

Cheers

Dave

My only comment on the Class 28 is "oh bug@#r".  I had one of the rather nice resin ones, and sold it as "not right for area" about 2 years ago.

That was before I discovered they were run-in from Metrovick at Stockton on eight-coach passenger trains to Newcastle and back via the coast line.  That becomes another "right" loco for Hawthorn Dene in original format, but not as a kit as DCC fitting a mongrel chassis made up of half-a-25 and half-a-31 in old-style Farish might be a little problematical, as might finding room for the chip.

All the very best

Les

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Has any of the first stuff announced come out yet?

Not yet. Dave has said that the tooling is just about to start (so it may have already done so) on a couple of these models and that he is expecting these items to be released in the summer / autumn. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still going to add (mostly) modern era models to my wishlist... (hey it's a wishlist) ;)

OO scale:
SR Merchant Navy
SR Rebuilt Merchant Navy
Class 59
Class 87
Class 90
Class 92

N scale:
BR Clan Class
Class 87
Class 90

O scale:
Class 37 (more variants)
​Class 47 (more variants)

Edited by Jeffery B

I'm still going to add (mostly) modern era models to my wishlist... (hey it's a wishlist) ;)OO scale:

SR Merchant Navy

SR Rebuilt Merchant Navy

Class 59

Class 87

Class 90

Class 92N scale:

BR Clan Class

Class 87

Class 90O scale:

Class 37 (more variants)

​Class 47 (more variants)

I'm still going to add (mostly) modern era models to my wishlist... (hey it's a wishlist) ;)OO scale:

SR Merchant Navy

SR Rebuilt Merchant Navy

Class 59

Class 87

Class 90

Class 92N gauge:

BR Clan Class

Class 87

Class 90

Hi Jeffrey,

A great list and maybe 1 or more that I'd like to do. I quite like the idea of doing the 92, but have no plans or design drawings for it so it might, even if I announced it, be a fair while coming.

Cheers

Dave

Ultimate for me would be

Class 87

Class 90

Class 92

950001?

Class 142

Class 156

Class 323

Class 325

With any luck eh Dave?

EDIT 950001 added

:D

Edited by Swifty11
  • Like 2

Mad idea but what about body shells for 950001 (Dept class 150) and for the centre cars for 150001/002 to fit on all the old Bachmann 150 chassis that are around now they have re done it

• Like 1

Still N gauge

K type pullmans (really needed for the bullied pacifics)

CIWL night ferry F type sleepers. I'd buy them in packs of 5 or bundled with a 71 :).

Please.

some good ideas here.....ive heard calls for 71/74 in 00 but not in N.

• RMweb Premium

I have had read through this topic and I like to add my agreement to some of the suggestions: 

- Firstly put me down for some LNER quads and a N7 to go with.

-The Port of Par Twins count me in even though not my region I'd find a way to fit them in (a fictional industrial livery should work)

-The LNER J70 and/or Y6 Tram possibly limited scope as they are mostly associated with the Wisbech and Upwell but I'm sure those with the modeler's license would have one and they did work the docks of Yarmouth and Ipswich. They could really do with some Wisbech tram coaches if you do produce them  :derisive:

-LNER E4/GER T26, Delightful in GER Blue, Survived into BR days, not restricted to one region with six members being located in the north east and one is preserved.

If you want to tempt me back to N gauge an S&D 7F would be very nice.