DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Hit a man when he's down why don't you :(

Certainly not the aim! Completely support Dave. I really feel for him. He has done a lot of leg work by confirming appetite and demand for others to nip in and announce the same models. Smacks of the market is all ours back off. I was just suggesting what ever he instigates they will build it!!

Certainly not the aim! Completely support Dave. I really feel for him. He has done a lot of leg work by confirming appetite and demand for others to nip in and announce the same models. Smacks of the market is all ours back off. I was just suggesting what ever he instigates they will build it!!

A sign of a shrinking number of prototypes available and an annual poll of what is most desirable, coupled with a culture of "we must have competition at all costs".  The manufacturer who announces their intentions a long way out will often get someone else coming in when close to completion (Dapol B1 and Farish B1).   Alternately you can get announcements from two manufacturers that have both been holding off going public and until both are well past the point of no return (Oxford Radial vs Hornby Radial).

However it WOULD be nice if manufacturers WERE allowed to talk informally to one another more often, especially when the overall market isn't that big.  Some reckon that the present state of affairs is the only way to grow a market.  Personally I'm not convinced.

Les

Edited by Les1952

Slipped in at the end of the announcement about the Q6!

Positive news on the Wagon front!

I will continue development of the N gauge version of the Q6 with a view to bringing it to market in the next 12-18 months.
I will also continue development on both the proposed N and OO gauge HUO 24.5t hoppers, which will go very nicely with this locomotive.

Thanks You
Dave
DJModels Ltd

This entry was posted on    

December 2, 2015

Mark Saunders

• Like 1

Actually, the coal hopper I WOULD like to see, and particularly in N is this one preserved at Beamish but there were thousands of them around.

post-13358-0-49767400-1449109136_thumb.jpg

Not been available r-t-r in OO or N.  There was a Slaters kit in OO but that seems to be extinct as far as getting new ones is concerned.  The 2mm Association do/did a kit in 2mm finescale.

Ideal for those long rakes of coal waggons so common in the North East.  I could do with a couple of dozen for Hawthorn Dene (and of course a few 24.5 tonners just to make a change from the 67 Dapol 21-tonners on the layout....)

Les

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 1

If you were to consider doing anything for the Irish market loco wise, the obvious choice is the 001 Class. There was 60 of these locos, which were built in 1955-56. Eventually re-engined with GM EMD engines, they lasted in service until the mid 90's, and were the backbone of rail services, both freight and passenger, until the arrival of the 201 Class locomotives in 1994. I think they carried 8 different liveries in their careers.

My wish for a DJM model is simple. One that Dave can progress with no competition. One that he can show to the market how good it can be. But mostly one that will show him a handsome return on his investment, to give him cashflow both  for himself and for future investment.

Stewart

• Like 1

Let's keep this simple, A lot in the works at the moment and without adding another 10 things to the ever expanding list of wants, How about I just stick my neck out and say, in N there are no GWR express passenger engines until Farish bring out their castle, so your King, but in N please. :)

Aside from that, any large freight engines would be a welcome bonus in N. (there are only 3 choices when it comes to new models 2884/Austerity 2-8-0/9F so perhaps something like an 8K/O4/ROD/30xx, the ROD was owned by so many railways including 3 of the big 4 and constituents of all the Big four had them either by ownership or on loan at some time or another. off the top of my head SECR/LSWR/GWR/LNWR/L&Y/CR and of course the GCR having the 8K originals means there is a lot of scope for identities and liveries etc. I would certainly have several. :)

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I would like just two RTR Isle of Wight coaches: a brake and an ordinary one, to go behind the Kernow IoW O2.

I know the IoW stock was very varied, but I would be happy to buy several coaches to give the general impression of an IoW passenger train, without worrying too much about the exact details of prototype coach rakes.

Bit of a left of base suggestion Dave, given the withdrawal of the OO class Q6, how about continuing the 0-8-0 theme and producing the LMS "Austin seven" instead. It is a huge gap in heavy freight steam and lasted into BR days. A relatively simple loco with no splashers I imagine it's rugged lowliness would be a draw to many.  

Bit of a left of base suggestion Dave, given the withdrawal of the OO class Q6, how about continuing the 0-8-0 theme and producing the LMS "Austin seven" instead. It is a huge gap in heavy freight steam and lasted into BR days. A relatively simple loco with no splashers I imagine it's rugged lowliness would be a draw to many.  

I'd like one of those. A strong loco with long travel valves but not very rugged - let down by poor axleboxes. All withdrawn before the Super Ds they were designed to replace.

My request is a humble one. A secr dancehall brake van. Would follow up the roadvan nicely and go with the Farish N class and obviously coming C class. Liveries available from pre grouping up to blue era. A nice preserved version is available at the bluebell. Would sell well in 00 and N. I'd prefer N personally.

If you were to consider doing anything for the Irish market loco wise, the obvious choice is the 001 Class. There was 60 of these locos, which were built in 1955-56. Eventually re-engined with GM EMD engines, they lasted in service until the mid 90's, and were the backbone of rail services, both freight and passenger, until the arrival of the 201 Class locomotives in 1994. I think they carried 8 different liveries in their careers.

I will have some of them!!!

Second that, as well as re-iterating the LNWR 4-4-0s and jackshaft shunters.

Being LMS and black, they will be of zero interest to Hornby who seem to have OCD about green painted inferior railways so probably a safe bet for sole production.

How about some standard RCH pre 1923 PO wagons in a range of weights and dimensions with colourful weathered liveries, anounced a couple of months beore they hit he shelves. :)

Regards

Or better still, pre 1900. Some could have dumb buffers, that would be a real novelty for collectors, and make me happy!

• Like 1

There are several wagons types that I think would do reasonably well, Cerestars TIA bogie hopper & PBA bogie tank both these types were seen in speedlink services and the occasional bulk service plus also the Rover group KSA (including the wood conversion if possible) 

Also a couple of types with limited usage but still ones I would be interested in the Clyde Cement PDA tanks and PBA covhops (these also had their roofs removed and worked for Bardons)

How about a PRA China Clay wagon in OO scale?  

See the invaluable Paul Bartlett site : www.paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/chinaclaypra

In the 1980s these wagons travelled from the south of England to the north-west of Scotland.

There used to be a resin kit of this wagon but I've never heard of an R-T-R version.

Unless anyone knows of one.

Pete M.

• Like 1

Being LMS and black, they will be of zero interest to Hornby who seem to have OCD about green painted inferior railways so probably a safe bet for sole production.

I'd love an LMS Jackshaft shunter, would give me the perfect reason to backdate Pendeford to the Steam/Electric transition period in the Black Country.

A wishlist... Maybe let DJM get his already announced products and commissions out into the market. I'd prefer less announcements of great products and I'd love to see more hit the shelves, than to have too many announcements and just have one or two on the shelves and/or just going to reach the shelves.

I think the Hattons 14XX/48XX/58XX is an outstanding example of the level to be achieved hence forth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

And of course there are a couple of surviving jackshafts in Italy, which would give Dave an excuse for a holiday. 

A few photos here of the Italian examples: http://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?17,6698323

• Like 1

And of course there are a couple of surviving jackshafts in Italy, which would give Dave an excuse for a holiday. 

A few photos here of the Italian examples: http://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?17,6698323

I didn't realise they were still alive and kicking, thought they had all been scrapped now. Why have we not repatriated an example of this important development in the Diesel Shunters ?

Simon