DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Mmmmmmm as I love US and Canadian outline I'll never rule it out mate. :-)

Cheers

Dave

Glad to hear it!! Way back near the start of this thread I proposed a GP38-2 in O Scale; not "just cos I want one", but there really is no decent 2-rail model available of this key type; it's a massive gap in a market that extends beyond the insular UK market.

Never mind the Alcos - smokey, dirty things anyway :D - I'm going to repeat my wish...

GP38-2 in 2-rail 1:48 scale..... ;)

Edited by F-UnitMad

Well Dave, after the Hornby announcement it's wide open for you to do the LMS non corridor coaches now. The more common types i.e. non lav. would be the best. :yes:

Dave Franks

I have to agree with Dave on this - it would be a shame if no manufacturer delivered a range of these widely seen coaches.

Go for it!

Stan

Glad to hear it!! Way back near the start of this thread I proposed a GP38-2 in O Scale; not "just cos I want one", but there really is no decent 2-rail model available of this key type; it's a massive gap in a market that extends beyond the insular UK market.

Never mind the Alcos - smokey, dirty things anyway :D - I'm going to repeat my wish...

GP38-2 in 2-rail 1:48 scale..... ;)

I like that idea too! 

Not so stupid,   American outline locos have a huge market worldwide (compared to the UK, that is). I suspect OMI would want to handle it over here....(just have to remember that American "O" is 1/48...................)

Best, Pete.

Hi!

Dave,

I Wish for 4mm Scale versions of (  and all in 1/4 2014 of course !!! ;) ) ......

Class 71/74 .. Please.

SR Bullied design 2/4EPB ... Pretty Please.

"HALL"/"RMC" Aggregates Bogie PGA's .. Luverly Bright Orange and White .. and still in use today ... Pretty, Pretty Please

BR Design Mountfield-Nortfleet Gypsum PGA's ( Baby HAA bodies on HAA U/F - MMMmmmMMM ) ... Pretty, Pretty Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaase.

That'll do for Starters .... :D.

Mike

A good call Mike and definitely the Bulleid 2/4 EPB which would hopefully lend itself to a 4Sub without too much faff in the moulding dept....

The PGAs would be nice too (memories of Cromptons flogging their way through Lee station with 16 on)!

I'm sure a lot of Southern region modellers could use DACE PWay wagons too

In anticipation !

Graeme

• RMweb Gold

Is there a difference between the bulleid 2-EPB and bachmanns 2-EPB?

The entire bodyshell and underframe are different.  It would be easier to list the things that are the same! ;-)

1)  The coupling, braking and control systems.

2)  The legend "2EPB" on the cab end.

3)  Errrrrrrrr...............?????? ;-)

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Please consider doing private owner wagons for the Big 4 era.

And/or earlier.  I'm sure an accurate, well detailed, plain coal wagon or two, 00 and 'O', to take advantage of the POW Sides transfer range would be good.

The entire bodyshell and underframe are different.  It would be easier to list the things that are the same! ;-)

1)  The coupling, braking and control systems.

2)  The legend "2EPB" on the cab end.

3)  Errrrrrrrr...............?????? ;-)

and the green paint... :paint:

Mal

Mmmmmmm as I love US and Canadian outline I'll never rule it out mate. :-)

Cheers

Dave

Don't forget the Australian ALCOs while you're at it...or the only surviving GM-ALCO, 4306 (GM body with ALCO mechanics)

First of all can i thank Dave for opening this option to us.

Id agree with the calls for 009 British Outline, maybe a Quarry Hunslet or a WD Baldwin.

Would also agree to PEP series EMU's, preferably 313's.

Decent tooling affordable HAA's

Maybe 'Stingray' style YGA.

Steel Mesh Bodied OBA's.

My main interest is N gauge ex-GWR lines, which are fairly well served for RTR models but there are a few things I'd like to see:

A GWR Mogul, I don't think any 2-6-0s have been made in RTR N which is odd given that the Class 43xx seemed to get everywhere.

There are probably enough GWR 4-6-0s available although I'd be unable to resist a King made to modern standards.

A 2-6-2 Large Prairie to modern standards would be great too, and I'm sure it would be popular.  As an aside, I wonder if it would be possible to add electrical pickups to the leading and/or trailing trucks on a 2-6-2?

I also think the GWR 2-8-2 tank engines look great but I'm not sure how commercially viable they would be.

The GWR steam railmotor is a nice idea, as is a streamlined GWR diesel railcar.

Finally, some GWR coaches with flush glazing and close coupling with NEM pockets.  Something that lasted long enough to be painted BR maroon would be perfect.  Maybe some non-gangwayed suburban coaches?    That's assuming Dave wants to get into rolling stock.

• RMweb Gold

Dave,

I've already asked for an n gauge 04/ROD (seen all over the UK, tons of liveries, world wide variants, Syria, China, Australia, France, Belgium and WW1 model tie in possibilities). As others seem to be doing lists, could I suggest that a GCR tender unit would then enable:

D9, D10, D11 (Union Mills make one I know),

J11, (UM do it, but it is hard work to detail and/or update) and particularly, the J10

Any of the GC 4-6-0s . It would have to be a GC tender, with perhaps another version for the ROD. Just think of some of the liveries you could do....

Mr Pixels of this parish is busy producing GCR N gauge stock including matchboard mainline and suburban coaches.

A final request would be a C13 - an n gauge r-t-r 4-4-2, wonderful.

My first J94 is on order...... it could be commitment if any of the above were forthcoming! :-)

Best wishes

Alastair M

"Giles" :mail: seems to agree with you, Dave (he "disagreed with me).  :triniti:

Oh, Can I have an ALCO or three?

Good luck...... Pete.

Sorry Pete! Button pressed by accident!!! bl*****y Ipad!

Profuse apologies......

Best, Giles

Dave,

I know you are doing the dummy option with the N gauge 17, but I would suggest that a dummy loco in OO gauge (and even maybe O) might not be a bad option, as you could use it in a few ways, such as a locomotive being towed for repairs, dead locomotive on the back of a train etc. without having to worry about DCC or even if used on DCC no need to consist.