DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

While superficially similar the smaller wheels, lower running boards and differently shaped cab roof gave the TOPS Class 11 a slightly squatter appearance than the 08. Also, from a purely personal perspective, I spotted several of the 1945 twin-motored class but none of the earlier jack-shaft ones.

A class 11 would make a nice addition to the available locomotives especially as they had a varied afterlife with several users and assorted PO liveries!

Mark Saunders

For me there are 2 top wants on my wish list. A Class 71 southern region and an S15 mixed traffic. Another fave but no-hoper is a 4COR multiple unit, but you have to dream. I'm hoping the first 2 have a real chance to appear on a manufacturers list this year--pleeeeese!!!

OK so I've read every post and I can't believe that no one has asked for an N gauge Pendolino.

Am I really the only one?

I know Dapol said they would do one, but that's not likely.

So my wish list is

Pendolino

Pendolino

Pendolino

In N gauge, I'll buy 3 but maybe not all at once.

John P

When will you break the news Dave? You said after farish so would that be monday?

I'll probably go with mid week as to let the dust settle, and not inadvertently steel any spotlight, from Bachmann in their 25th year, as this would not be fair, as it admire what they have done in that time.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A class 11 would make a nice addition to the available locomotives especially as they had a varied afterlife with several users and assorted PO liveries!

Mark Saunders

Hi Mark

They can also be painted in GWR green livery with British Railways in GWR typeface and brass number plates, the six built for the WR were identical to the LMS/BR version.

While superficially similar the smaller wheels, lower running boards and differently shaped cab roof gave the TOPS Class 11 a slightly squatter appearance than the 08. Also, from a purely personal perspective, I spotted several of the 1945 twin-motored class but none of the earlier jack-shaft ones.

Hi Howard

There are more visual differences between a LMS 350 and a Standard BR 350 than between a Saint class loco in later days and a Grange. Smaller wheels, lower running boards and differently shaped cab.

The class 11 cab sides are higher than an 08 hence less of a dome to the cab roof. The lower running board makes the engine room sides deeper. The engine room door arrangement is completely different. No vacuum exhauster box and a longer battery box on the running plate. The lower running plate changes the buffer beam shape. The front cab windows are square at the bottom. Only two lights each end (some ER locos did get 4 with a different conduit run) and cab handrails have hand rail knobs not curved top and bottom as on a 08. I looked into converting an old Lima body into a LMS 350, all that would be left was the radiator.

• RMweb Gold

I am sure someone has mentioned it but a OO Adams radial would be nice as would a Midland 044T.

Oh and some non-corridor ex L&SWR coaches....Please.

Rob.

Further to nhy581's request for ex-LSWR non corridor coaches, may I add that the prototypes came as singletons, and in 2, 3, and 4 sets. There were even 4.1/2 sets for good measure.

With regard to possible tooling costs/returns, the 3-sets could be the most rewarding. Known as "Cross-country lav 3-sets", and in some cases an involved building/modification history, the simplest need only two sets of body tools, and share much of the underframe detail.

Put me down for two. They would be perfect for the S15, and I have an M7 and T9 waiting.

I believe that a Lyme Regis 2-set would also have market appeal, but again the coaches did not have a straightforward history.

PB

J27, J21 and a Q6. Two items topping recent wish list poles.

I don't normally reply to such threads but what is to lose! Got to agree with those choices - for me it would be J21 and G5 at the head of the queue. Both classes which lasted from NE days through to BR and which were used all over the NE network and beyond. In fact a stereotypical NE branch could be run with just these two locos!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I would have thought the announcement of one set of niche Southern Region pre-Grouping coaches was beyond expectations for most, but two????

The market for L&SWR Non corridor stock is there already given the forthcoming 02 and 700 classes, adding to the existing M7, T9 & N15.

In addition similar stock appeared on the S&DJR up the fifties.

Arguably, the L&SWR stock has more appeal than the SECR stock.

Rob

• Like 1

It looks like Bachmann have left you an opportunity Dave.

Now I know you've probably got your new items list together already, but the exclusion of a Class 40 by Farish leaves, I think, an opportunity for Dave to nip in with modern standard Class 40.

Dead popular for a long period of time, and if he can scan/CAD/Tool/Cut/Assemble/Ship in 18 months I thinks Dave could steal this particular market. Easy eh :)

Cheers

Dave

Edited by DaveArkley

• RMweb Premium

It looks like Bachmann have left you an opportunity Dave.

Mk3's, Class 86, AC EMU - any type. Various liveries of 47. Mk2's with plated windows. Loads to choose from! :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Looks like the froth machine has moved en masse following the rather underwhelming Bachmann announcement onto you Dave! No pressure! Now don't forget that nice Caley 0-6-0 812 class

• RMweb Gold

Dead popular for a long period of time, and if he can scan/CAD/Tool/Cut/Assemble/Ship in 18 months I thinks Dave could steal this particular market. Easy eh :)

Cheers

Dave

Yep, Its so easy I'm surprised more people dont do it!

Hello Dave,

Not an enormous surprise to me the Grafar 40 never materialised.

I think there is probably lower hanging fruit for them, such as re-vamped 25/3, possibly a 24/1 first, as the 40 would need new bogies, update chassis etc.

Then you could argue the "peak" also needs an update.

I would buy one of each Class 40 front-end type in "N".

Certainly Grafar miss a trick with the possible variety of 47 liveries. I am sure that any of the more modern liveries would be snapped up like hotcakes (yes there are 57's available, but not quite the same!). As mentioned before just because someone already makes a model of a particular loco type doesn't mean there is not a market for someone else to produce different (possibly better?) versions of the same model (DCC sound friendly might be an advantage for me too...)

Personally I would be happy with a standard large logo 47 without re-built front ends!

Cheers

Paul