DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

A decent, slow speed, 16.5mm gauge 0-4-0 chassis, for use under a 7mm narrow gauge scratchbuilt loco.

A selection of 7mm narrow gauge loco bodies to fit said chassis.

Stu

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1

All still in existence for laser-scanning!  Though I would prefer THIS RSH saddletank- which is a little bit bigger, also two still in existence for laser-scanning (this one and no.47)

attachicon.gif44 eccles.jpg

Q6 has wider range than Q7.  J26/J27 were almost identical- cab windows different on some J26s, and some J27s had balance weights and a few had longer smokeboxes for superheat.  In N the Union Mills J26/J27 are let down by their tender....

All the very best

Les

Les,

They are the same size and dimentions. 77 is almost identical to 47. Only a different shaped bunker, larger capacity.

No77 however is currently in bits so scanning maybe some time in the future. We are just in the process of rewheeling the chassis.

Regards

Paul

Given the current yen for pioneer diesels, I would like to see an N gauge version of Falcon. Interesting liveries, reasonably long life and it got around a bit during test runs.

The WR Gas Turbines would be great to see as well. These could be done in bot 00 gauge and N gauge as they have not been "bagged" yet.

Hi Dave,

I'd like to see some cranes appear in any of the three scales, a YOB 12 ton crane would be great. 

Plasser & Theurer Tamper?

Dave,

I'll second these.  Any modern departmental stock would be welcome, but what I would really like is a rake of 'Salmon' track panel carriers.  Given their long lifespan, I would have though that they would be viable.  My vote would obviously be for an air braked version.

Thanks for asking.

Regards

David

Edit: I should have said my request would be for 4mm scale models.

Edited by Dungrange

I prefer to dream in abstract ways and think of features and services that every modeller needs...

- Start up a discreet delivery service that only arrives when the wife is out.

- Have a new decoder function that alternately displays on the underside of the loco the lettering "owned by xxxxx" (the real owner) and "owned by yyyy" (some fictitious person - only displayed when the wife is on the vicinity).

- Have a part exchange service so we can trade our kits in when the RTR version comes out.

- Develop smart storage solutions that hide all the things we bought but didn't tell her about.

- Develop right-angled track to reduce the space that hidden curves take up on the layout.

........but above anything, we need a nice selection of industrial steam locos - Manning Wardles and the like ;)

• RMweb Gold

Heljan have just crossed one loco off my list, but here goes (all in 4mm for me):

SR (locos): S.15 (Maunsell version preferably), Drummond/Urie 700 class, W Class 2-6-4T, Adams Radial, a better Terrier, 

SR (stock) SECR 100-seater third (every branch line should have one c.1960!), Bulleid 59' 3-set, Cattle wagon, Milk tanker.

(Would an 'Ironclad' P-P set be pushin' my luck a bit too far?)

BR: Class 120 DMu, Dia.1/107 Mineral (21t), Dia.1/350 Cattle wagon (like the one on the SVR), 'Herring' ballast hopper.  

WR (locos): 47xx 2-8-0, Dean Goods, 

WR (stock): Better Siphons (Hornby's have good bodies let down by a 1970s chassis with only one type of bogie, and the ex-Lima one seems to have disappeared without trace). 

Other (locos):Industrial steam, an elderly Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST or a more modern Peckett 0-4-0ST would fill my bill. 

Other (stock): an Anchor pattern tank wagon (WW2 onward) ** a potential gold mine **.

John

• RMweb Premium

Firstly I would like to agree with the request for British 00 trackwork.

One gap in the rtr market is pre-grouping coaches. If you pick the right ones you will be able to have them in liveries right up to BR maroon. Personally I would like the late LNWR coaches, some L&Y's, some MR, some ECJS, GNR, NER and GC ones too. These also have the possiblities as they appeared all over the place!

Also non-Stanier LMS coaches would be quite useful, with sleeping cars and diners being added to the range (and that goes for those above too!).

On the loco front some Scottish ones would be nice.

The wagon side is where I think quite a range could be built up. How about some standard manufacturers designs of open wagons (ie Pickerings etc)? Then you could go for a selection of wagons from each of the pre-grouping railways... these would appeal to every modeller who models upto the mid '50's. Useful wagons would be Cattle wagons, early box vans, and various low siders.

Thanks

Andy G