The Festival of British Railway Modelling 2014

BRMExhibitions

We're delighted to announce that booking is now open for The Festival of British Railway Modelling on 8 & 9 Feb 2014.

We have some great pre-booking benefits for our visitors plus when you book online you can save £1.00 on admission. 

Our Doncaster show celebrates the best of British modelling with over 30 working layouts on display each with a British theme. We will of course have exhibitors, modelling demonstrations and the interactive BRM Village.

Keep checking back - over the coming months we'll be posting regular updates on some of the fantastic features we've got planned and the latest news from the show.

We hope to see you there!

*Update*

Over 80 exhibitors showcasing an eclectic range of modelling items.

30 working layouts representing British gauges, scales and locations (real or imaginary).
The top five layouts include: Hassel Harbour Bridge; Hospital Gates; Sutterton; Wansbeck Road and Barnstoneworth).

Other show features include:

Booking is open: Visitors who pre-book will enjoy thirty minutes early entry and a free full colour showguide worth £1.00.
Booking online saves £1 on the admission price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Heanor South and Helmthwaite & Chapel Lane look remarkably similar.

Geoff Endacott

Maybe he couldn't decide what scale to model.  

I see MRL is having a retrospective count-down...

post-738-0-04985100-1387146583.jpg

:)

• 5 weeks later...

I have recently registered online with BRM and tried to purchase a ticket for Doncaster, however having filled in all my details and my credit card security code accepted, no confirmation has been given, presumably the transaction has not gone through, should I try again , but obviously do want to purchase 2 tickets

John

Thanks Dicky, I have managed to book tickets for both Doncaster and Alexandra Palace ,it would appear that the website is running slow at payment confirmation point. I clarified with your staff colleagues that the earlier attempt had been unsuccessful.

Thank You for your information John

I'm a BRM subscriber and have now tried four times to book on line and kept getting a system error. But ! Tonight I got as far as the Checkout !! Then it all crashed. Defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. I've spent what seems like an age trying to part with cash to come to your exhibition with two others.

I have emailed your exhibition team and my wife has phoned to book, as I can't phone from work. She isn't offered the online price over the phone despite saying we've had these problems. She is going to try again tomorrow. If others are having this problem, I would have thought there would be some leeway within your team to offer that.   :help:

I hope there aren't others who just give up and don't bother attending because of this problem.  Despite all this, looking forward to seeing the show, which is always a great day out.   :imsohappy:  

I'm a BRM subscriber and have now tried four times to book on line and kept getting a system error. But ! Tonight I got as far as the Checkout !! Then it all crashed. Defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. I've spent what seems like an age trying to part with cash to come to your exhibition with two others.

I have emailed your exhibition team and my wife has phoned to book, as I can't phone from work. She isn't offered the online price over the phone despite saying we've had these problems. She is going to try again tomorrow. If others are having this problem, I would have thought there would be some leeway within your team to offer that.   :help:

I hope there aren't others who just give up and don't bother attending because of this problem.  Despite all this, looking forward to seeing the show, which is always a great day out.   :imsohappy:  

Sorry for any problems you've been experiencing. If you are still experiencing issues with your booking please give us a call on our ticket hotline (01778 391123 9am - 5pm) with any error messages or further information so we can help you with your order. Look forward to hearing from you or seeing you at the show.

Don't forget the lecture theatre upstairs too, there will be a talk about the BCB project in addition to the following.

11am - 11.45am

Black Country Blues: From start to finish

Detail10s.jpg

12noon - 12.45pm

The Great Train Robbery by Nigel Adams

2pm - 2.45pm

Building BRM's Beginner's Project Layout: Edgeworth by Phil Parker

3pm - 3.45pm

How I built Penmaenmawr in O gauge by BRM's Howard Smith

Penmaenmawr features some great building work from Howard including the signal box.

I'm looking forward to the weekend immensely and I hope to catch up with many of you there.

There is a squad of us coming down by train from the Perth and District club next Saturday, bit of an early start but am sure it will be worth it. Have never been to this show before and am really looking forward to it.

Waverley47708

Stop by 'Brucklay' on Stand 75 and say hello to an exiled Scotsman

Please can you help?

I followed this email link, ( salld@warnersgroup.co.uk ) from the 'contact us' page at the brm website ( https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Exhibitions/10-5/The_Festival_of_British_Railway_Modelling/Contact_Us/ )

With this query:-

Dear Madam,

Please be kind to advise departure and journey times, frequency and rail station pick up / drop off points for free bus service; your website simply states:-

'SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
A FREE shuttle bus service will be running continuously on Saturday and Sunday between Doncaster station and Doncaster Exhibition Centre.'

Especially for my return trip I will need to plan the time I leave the exhibition as missing one train for part of the journey home can lead to a 3 hour wait for the final leg of the journey.

Yours Faithfully,

Andy Sharpe

and received this response:-

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<salld@warnersgroup.co.uk>: Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <salld@warnersgroup.co.uk>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown [RCPT_TO]

Please can someone here answer my question?

Also, does the 'contact us' person really not exist? or is that a 'web' glitch?

Rgds

There is a squad of us coming down by train from the Perth and District club next Saturday, bit of an early start but am sure it will be worth it. Have never been to this show before and am really looking forward to it.

Waverley47708

I ,for one hope, to see you lads in front of "Hospital Gates" as you check it out prior to it's trip north to your show in June. Yours truely will be fighting my own "wall of death" layout AKA "Meopham East Junction" just to the rear of Hospital.

Breaking one of my cardinal rules, I have volunteered to go north again to Perth. How could I not after the wonderful time I had last year.  :sungum:

salld@warnersgroup.co.uk>: Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 salld@warnersgroup.co.uk>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown [RCPT_TO]

Rgds

It looks like the email link has been incorrectly set up Andy, it should be sallyd@warnersgroup.co.uk but I'll try and get an answer for you anyway.

Please can you help?

I followed this email link, ( salld@warnersgroup.co.uk ) from the 'contact us' page at the brm website ( https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Exhibitions/10-5/The_Festival_of_British_Railway_Modelling/Contact_Us/ )

Dear Madam,

Please be kind to advise departure and journey times, frequency and rail station pick up / drop off points for free bus service; your website simply states:-

'SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
A FREE shuttle bus service will be running continuously on Saturday and Sunday between Doncaster station and Doncaster Exhibition Centre.'

Especially for my return trip I will need to plan the time I leave the exhibition as missing one train for part of the journey home can lead to a 3 hour wait for the final leg of the journey.

Yours Faithfully,

Andy Sharpe

<salld@warnersgroup.co.uk>: Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <salld@warnersgroup.co.uk>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown [RCPT_TO]

Rgds

Please can you help?

Dear Madam,

'SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE

Yours Faithfully,

Andy Sharpe

Rgds

An alternative to the free shuttle bus (which I have found sometimes involves a wait and the bus may well be crowded, NOT a criticism of it btw) is to go left out of the station to the adjacent bus station (Doncaster Interchange). FirstBus run frequent buses that stop at the roundabout by the racecourse, routes 55 & 57 come to mind. And if you have a Grumpy Old Git card like me (aka Bus Pass) it is free too.

Stewart

Alternatibe to the free shuttle bus (which I have found sometimes involves a wait and the bus may well be crowded, NOT a criticism of it btw) is to go left out of the station to the adjacent bus station (Doncaster Interchange). FirstBus run frequent buses that stop at the roundabout by the racecourse, routes 55 & 57 come to mind. And if you have a Grumpy O;ld Git card like me (aka Bus Pass) it is free too.

Stewart

think he is more concerned about getting back to the station rather than getting from there to the show.

they run sort of ad hoc i dont know if they operate to a set timetable but they are fairly frequent id say departing about every half hour.   when you get on them they can idle for up to 10 minutes waiting to fill up.

if you think you are cutting it fine i would just taxi it back to Donny stn as its only about 2 miles away so a fiver max.

Archived