Doncaster Model Railway Exhibition - Feb

fiesta

Yes its back at Doncaster on the 13th/14th February and advertised in BRM February issue. Some nice layouts at a superb venue and the chance to purchase that nice Mr Wrights new Book/Biography and get it signed(Autographed) by him in person.

Regards.

PS:- Richard if you read this mention the plug to TW.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TomTank

Am I right in thinking there is a free bus from Doncaster Station to the venue? I'm sure I read that somewhere :blink: ;)

Cheers

Tom

I'll be there all weekend with a trade stand.

Not sure what I'll be selling yet, though I will have a small selection (about 40) of bach and Hornby wagons and carriages at 33% off. - These have had damage to the packaging in our last break-in (Last year) and have been released by the insurers.

I'll have a few bargains - reduced Dapol MBAs and MCAs - Hornby Grand Central HSTs and I might even have a few green 4-CEPs about if you are quick!

I'm also hoping to have a final production sample of our 150 on display, with sound on board!

I am attending on Saturday about 12ish coming by train from Chester but as I work on the railway will be 75% off rolleyes.gif

I will have my black leather coat on looking cool and handsome cool.gif if anyone fancies a chat and a beer!

Seriously though best wishes and take care travelling there all of you and hopefully see you there!

Hi..was hoping to go this year..then prospect of having to work appeared..so I didn't bother ordering tickets, as exactly the same happened last year ( for Harrogate - ordered a ticket ...and I couldn't go and wasted ?????????????? )

But it now turns out that I'm not required for work on Saturday..Hurrah!

I doubt that they would let me in for Doncaster 2010 with a Harrogate 2009 ticket!

So has anyone got an unwanted/spare advance ticket...will be going on Saturday..can get there for 09:00 or earlier

Otherwise I'll have to join the long long queue out in the cold.

PM me if you do..I'll look at my emails till 22:00 on Friday

Malcolm

Mods...I did wonder whether to put this in 'wanted'..or should it stay with this exhibition thread?

Guest TomTank

Well i was going but have just gone down with the sick bug that the rest of the household has had on & off all week

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Sorry to hear that chap... thats a real pain.

We are leaving in an hour, heading to Northallerton and then getting the train to Doncaster :)

Well ive just returned, and was quite dissapointed to be honest. I felt like i couldn't get to stands or exhibits to see what there was.

Also unlike at Harrowgate, you couldnt really walk round in circles, it just felt like everything had just been plonked into place.

However there was some very nice layouts there, I think Dragonby? the modern image N layout really did it for me. loved the rolling stock they had and was a superb layout.

Shame i never spent any money rolleyes.gif

In my opinion, it was a good exhibition with a lot of top quality layouts, but a dissapointing lack of anything modern. The retail was varied in era and region and was on the whole surprisingly inexpensive. If only I had the chance to walk away with more than an FEA! ;)

The real let down was the high entry fee. :(

-ECML

Guest TomTank

Well ive just returned, and was quite dissapointed to be honest. I felt like i couldn't get to stands or exhibits to see what there was.

Also unlike at Harrowgate, you couldnt really walk round in circles, it just felt like everything had just been plonked into place.

However there was some very nice layouts there, I think Dragonby? the modern image N layout really did it for me. loved the rolling stock they had and was a superb layout.

Shame i never spent any money rolleyes.gif

I have to agree. I found everything was hard to get close to, throughout the whole day, I only was able to really view two layouts, and that was because I hung around until it had cleared. Don't seem to remember that problem at Harrogate.

But I did have a great day, bought Bachmanns recent V2 and V3 releases, some weathering stuff, books and a DVD

And loved the Billingham layout, was great... just my era and region!

and was great to see Mallard60022 in person :D

Archived