Soldering iron tip temperatures

chaz

• RMweb Gold

Mine goes on at about 09:30 every day and stay on until about 21:30 - they might not look that pretty but they still still work for me almost all day. Mine can't be something special other than they are in regular use daily not once in a blue moon.

The idea of pre-warming I like though not so practical. of course you can always use thermal protective gloves or similar which I can recommend (though remember to put them on before use)

You don't need to heat it to a temperature that you can't touch your just increasing temperature to reduce the cold shock simply warming the brass or nickel silver with a household hairdryer can help the solder to flow considerably...

My iron at work goes on at 7.30 and stays on until often 6 or 7 at night but I never turn it up anymore than iI need to use for the job in hand then leave it ticking away between 350 and 390 I average a tip a month though but I'm not paying for them lol.......

My iron at work goes on at 7.30 and stays on until often 6 or 7 at night but I never turn it up anymore than iI need to use for the job in hand then leave it ticking away between 350 and 390 I average a tip a month though but I'm not paying for them lol.......

Not a temperature controlled iron - never had the need for one so never want one. The iron stays on at full power and always ready at hand for use. Even though these days I use an RSU more of the time. The 25W is better for white-metal detailing.

Archived