Troutons

enginelane

New Wakefield Railway Modellers Society new modern image layout. Based loosely in West Yorkshire the layout has a medium sized container yard with working crane, signing on point / small depot and scrapyard. The aim of the layout is to provide mainline running of typical trains running through the area. It's first full show will be the 52nd Wakefield Model Railway Show Friday 29th Nov, Sat 30th and Sun 1st Dec.

• RMweb Premium

New Wakefield Railway Modellers Society new modern image layout.

Looking good, but I'll get into trouble for asking this.

What period is it? Modern image is such a vague term.......... You mention the use of a Class 66, but they've been here for 15 years now.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

For

Looking good, but I'll get into trouble for asking this.

What period is it? Modern image is such a vague term.......... You mention the use of a Class 66, but they've been here for 15 years now.

Cheers,

Mick

For most of the club members it means not running on coal ( big generalisation before I get comments) but runs end of EWS and into the smaller freight companies that have come and gone. One of the team is an excellent re sprayer of locos and is looking forward to this stock being seen on the circuit. Another has just finished his training for a company that has blue locos and operates quite interesting formations with older locos so look out for special trains as the layout develops in the future.

• Like 1

Hi,

Enjoying seeing the progress, however I am finding it a bit difficult to see all the details with the photos being on their side?

Kind regards

Chris

Strange as on the iPad they are the right way up and I think Richard puts his on via laptop. Will have to experiment. Spent the evening making more mounds of scrap from aluminium foil cubes

2sessions in at the Wakefield Show and layout working well. Had lots of positive comments which are welcome considering the late hours the team have put into the construction and finish. Many thanks for all who come to the show and here are a few images of the layout now with stock!