Troutons

enginelane

5 hours ago, enginelane said:

7 mm slaters corrugated sheets cut into sheets and overlapped accordingly. Spray painted base colour with weathering mixture of paints and powders 

Thanks very much for finding out for me. Its remarkably simple to get such a god result.

York Show cancelled so Troutons not on the road. Wakefield Show in November cancelled due to fire at the venue so final show for Troutons is on hold. Club meetings closed due to c virus so progress on Bardun, Troutons  replacement progress slowed 

• Informative/Useful 1

The cvirus situation has meant that Troutons appearances at York and Wakefield have been put on hold until 2021 so looking like Troutons is available for 2021 if anyone else wishes to book it.

As posted elsewhere there will be no annual exhibition for Wakefield RMS in 2020. when the situation becomes clearer an event of some sort will be planned. 

York Easter 2021

Wakefield September 2021 - new date of 4th 5th September at a new venue Queen Elizabeth Grammar School. The changes are because the existing venue of Thornes Park Sports Centre will be under going refurbishment. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 07:48, enginelane said:

Does make a difference. Chris has been busy using a Bachmann Model and new ends and home made wipac lights 

06A7D9F8-41F5-4336-8E2B-4C25CA5768CE.jpeg

Yes they realy look good,

ive just done DRS 37423 with these working noses...:D:good:

16 hours ago, enginelane said:

Chris is making a small lockdown layout while he is on furlough, I think DRS and Colas will be the main companies in the depot.

Sounds great looking forward to pictures of Chris layout build,not herd from him for while.

Must ring him...

2 hours ago, enginelane said:

needs more ETH sockets, anyone know a supplier?

Looking good! I’m debating whether to do that loco too...

Regarding ETH sockets, Heljan's mouldings have long been the best and most available in my eyes, Howes sometimes stock them or eBay. Failing that, Shawplan do some cast white metal ones I think or PH Designs do some 3D printed ones on Shapeways, which come in a tad pricey IMHO...

I've always had issues finding any so resorted to scratch building from bent plastic rod at a right angle, chopped up and with some mounting plates made from plastic.

Jack.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/04/2020 at 10:56, enginelane said:

Locos now complete. Will be appearing York 2021 

A7FDD11E-E8E4-440C-A3E4-934E7B3ABCF9.jpeg

Lovely work on your Eurotractors!

I have one to do in N, your paint shades look spot on. Can I ask what colours you used please? Thanks!

Jo

• Agree 1

Paints used were 

Prescision falcon grey  for dark grey roof and grills 
Then the light grey was mixing rail freight grey  railmatch and another Humbrol  standard light grey 
post office red.  Phoenix paints yellow for the ends 

• Thanks 1