Troutons

enginelane

Ram in place and general fit up of what the final piece will look like. Need to make the lifting rams, add side protectors between front and rear axles, winch mechanism and wire. I think one of the mechanics from the Bachmann depot staff will be pressed into service!

post-9435-0-12827800-1481454163_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Bit of a relapse so another day of plain dry toast but some base painting of some additional figures and animals that will be appearing in time for Stafford in Feb 2017. Figures from Peter Goss - The Worlds End is appearing at the Wakefield 2017 Show.

Bamboo skewers from Sainsbury's sell off box, nice flat surface to mount the figures and a thinner end to hold!

post-9435-0-22568000-1482224130_thumb.jpg

Yesterday went through all the Troutons vehicles and relabelled the stock boxes etc and added in the new recovery truck and flashing RAC van. Last of Christmas shopping and completing the forklift truck on the list today. Have Bachmann 66 that will not pull anymore runs alright on the rolling road but slips when put on anything? Shafts?

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday went through all the Troutons vehicles and relabelled the stock boxes etc and added in the new recovery truck and flashing RAC van. Last of Christmas shopping and completing the forklift truck on the list today. Have Bachmann 66 that will not pull anymore runs alright on the rolling road but slips when put on anything? Shafts?

Almost certain that one of the driveshafts will have popped out of the Bogie tower meaning only one Bogie driving. Really easy fix. Had this 3 times with Bachmann 66's now.

• Like 1

Becoming a windy old day so time to see what is what with with the locos.

Cardean shaft is indeed loose on 66200 but running not helped with white wire being off on the bogie side. It's currently only picking up on 4 not 8 wheels. However did take some time to add some weathering using a new set of liquid pigment washes I picked up at the Wakefield 2016 Show. Might not be the cleanest engine to have pulled an inspection saloon.

66068 in the wars as well, lighting wire off the solder point. Will have to wait for Neale and his soldering skills!

Class 153 now chipped and need to work out to consist in American terms, to run with the Class 150 set to give a bit of variety.

post-9435-0-98130500-1482506214_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's over a year since I started the conversion of the Class 150 into the Network version and it failed to appear at any of the shows last year. Sideloader and fork lift truck diversions over and early morning cats has meant a renewed effort in getting it sorted. Will need to make a new camera unit as my ham fisted construction resulted in one end being reduced to a small mess of etched brass. Will passing over the body to Chris for spraying but will weather the underframe myself so on a wet winter Sunday morning with a mug of fresh coffee will begin.

post-9435-0-92362900-1484465596_thumb.jpg

• Like 1