Troutons

enginelane

You can get a Hornby 153 detail bag from eBay for a couple of quid. It comes with two ploughs and also two very nicely moulded BSI couplings, that could be used if you lose one or be used to upgrade a model like a Hornby 142 that has a very poor representation of the coupling.

Thanks,

Jack.

It seems my rubbing down skills need more work so the Network Rail unit will not be ready for Stafford 4/5th Feb but at least I managed to complete the new scrap yard forklift

Update on exhibitions - Troutons will be appearing at the 2019 Glasgow Show. A show I have never been to and looking forward to going north of the border.

post-9435-0-77050400-1485155906_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great weekend with exhibiting at Stafford. A show I had not been to before but one I will certainly be returning to in future. The only dodgy bit is the grass parking but the weather and subsequent ground condition is not in the control of the organisers.

Good to see the pipe train have an extended run and looks like Troutons will be having a trip to the Fenlands in Nov 2019.

Looking at examples looks like it needs air filter, detail on end of tank, reduce the large boss on the end of the cylinder, add strips to base of boss to make it look stronger, add fuel guard cage. Reduce size of fuel tank, add rollers to the cylinder bottom. Replace ladder and construct a standing area. Add coiled pipe and detail chutes and hopper. Add cages around air cylinders etc.

Weather accordingly

• Like 2

Still hospital visiting and ferrying around due to broken bones etc so picked this model up for £2 at the Stafford Show secondhand stall. Looks like part of the Troutons container yard might be having some repair work done to it.

What scale is this lorry please?

Chris

Work again tomorrow but July and retirement is ever closer. Calling the cement mixer finished. I think there is enough added to make it different but without major modifications more changes not easily made. I think a set of construction workers are needed as will part of Troutons that needs repair.

post-9435-0-47550400-1487497474_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Applied the DB stickers to 66200. Do not know if changed but maybe by the next show! Have 4 yellow paint tins but none match to block out the EWS. Suggests Humbrol EWS yellow RC419 or Railmatch 256 but that looks too gold? Any suggestions?

Can you not remove the red EWS with something like tcut ?