Troutons

enginelane

Troutons back in storage until Chelmsford in September. On the "to do" list is the remaking of the outside lines of the motorway bridge fiddleyard. This was " tacked on" to increase capacity but the curved boards will be rebuilt to improved standards as for some unknown reason had lots of derailments on this section which can only be down to wrapping of the existing board.

Cambrian kit steel carriers need reweighting and with the assistance of RailTec will be numbering up the wagons otherwise for me last 6 weeks of work so lots of ends to be completed

• 1 month later...

Troutons has a new shutter. Also my retirement gift from my work mates. I like the dark blue but all references to NCB will have to go and will become a little more careworn before hopefully it's first appearance at Chelmsford. It appears Troutons is going 'south" to Epsom, probably in 2018.

post-9435-0-12748000-1500188576_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Troutons has a new shutter. Also my retirement gift from my work mates. I like the dark blue but all references to NCB will have to go and will become a little more careworn before hopefully it's first appearance at Chelmsford. It appears Troutons is going 'south" to Epsom, probably in 2018.

Ooooh Epsom, cant wait to have troutons within 20 mins of me...

One carriage back from Chris from the Class 150 conversion to Network unit. Might have known how to fill lessons in my former occupation but need a lot more practice to fill and rub down to get to an acceptable standard for spraying - still will have more hours to do it in!

Edited by enginelane

Should have been finished cutting back a hedge but heavy showers meant time could be spent changing the livery of the new scrap yard Shunter. Found some old Impetus warning transfers and used Humbrol Matt 109 blue to suggest another owner than the NCB.

Will let the transfers set and then start to weather

post-9435-0-98166500-1501616961_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-13775100-1501616975_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-31097200-1501616984_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Back from completing the Rob Roy Way, an enjoyable walk along old railway lines and forest tracks between Drymen and Pitlochry. Feet were fine but knee wonky so couple of days resting which means some time modelling!

Scrapyard Shunter now with added weathering, over the top at the moment with a mixture of earth wash and industrial city dust as the main wash. Idea being loco picks up a lot of dust when in the scrap yard when loading taking place. Needs glazing, crew, sorry crew but it will be no legs for you and recattaching the handrails. Headlight to complete and lens to add

post-9435-0-68196400-1503227773_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-68845300-1503227782_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-78753000-1503227790_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No Troutons at the Wakefield Show but if into modern image can offer

Layouts for 2017 Show

2mm / N scale Millfield Yard London 1990s to 2000

4mm The Worlds End 2005 to 2015

4mm Coppell BR and early privatisation 1986 to 1996

4mm Coulderton BR and privatisation West Cumberland line

4mm Burnroyd First appearance on the exhibition circuit Modern day depot and factory the last layout being exhibited by a Troutons Chris Burnage

post-9435-0-75583500-1509462426_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Was just watching a video of your layout on YouTube here:

Can I just say that it was a pleasure to watch such a smooth running layout with beautifully weathered stock and some great modelling. And to find out it was a WRMS layout too (I’m an associate member courtesy of John Farline) was an added bonus!

While the modern scene is not what I model I’m still curious about what goes on and to see it depicted so well on Troutons means I will be another follower of this thread.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

First outing for Troutons this weekend at the Preston Model Railway Show. New scrap yard shutter has had hand rails put back on. Wrapping up to brave the garage to get out the rest of the stock ready for the weekend.

Ally Pally later in March and Epsom end of April are the other outings for Troutons this year.

post-9435-0-47982500-1519644190_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Sadly the Preston Show has been cancelled due to expected poor weather this weekend. The team are looking forward to being able to exhibit another year.

Combination of an upset stomach and cold affecting asthma it’s a stay in day so in preparation for next show at Ally Pally will spend some time looking to weather up this Xmas present

post-9435-0-88003300-1519719970_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...