DJM announce limited edition J94 for RMWeb

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

You could but I'm already working on the idea of sugar cubes in the bunker. :-)

Cheers

Dave

Sounds good, speaker and room for a capacitor in the bunker, with maybe a removable weight for those who don't want DCC sound. Just need to leave enough room for a Zimo MX648 in the decoder space :)

Thanks Dave, will need to add all 3 versions onto my Leeds Engine builders site.  Order placed.

Can't beet an industrial Austerity tank loco other by say a Manning Wardle for looks or mass appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CP,

Sorry but I am not in a position to talk about my income streams from models/toolings etc. I hope you understand?

As for 'hasten or delay', I doubt it will delay anything as the cad/cam's are being tweeked and adjusted accordingly at the minute, so should be ready to metal cut soon. :paint:

Sorry to be so vague.

cheers

Dave

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

lol, no worries.

I'd be expecting delivery of the ltd RMweb ones at the same time as the main batch. Seems a perfect way to keep QC up, and I can then check them all at the same time.

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

With all the froth going on about new models on other forums, I thought I'd ask how your own plans are going, and if you have a timetable for the release of this model yet?   I put my name down for one when it was announced and will soon have a layout to run it on...!!

David

Hi David,

The J94's are first in and out of the tool room,

Production will take place ( for this RMweb version) alongside the regular versions and I'm expecting something to show publicly late August early September.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 months later...

Hornby Magazine just posted a photo on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/hornbymagazine/photos/a.144847868888140.16744.129246407114953/805525879486999/?type=1&theater

Being a (I suppose) first EP, she looks a bit rough around the edges (not crisp as a final model should be) but gives an idea of all the separately fitted details. Compared with my 20 year Dapol one, it has the strong points of that model but is more refined in areas. These comments of course are based on what we see on the surface. Doubtless below that she will be light years ahead...

Hornby Magazine just posted a photo on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/hornbymagazine/photos/a.144847868888140.16744.129246407114953/805525879486999/?type=1&theater

Being a (I suppose) first EP, she looks a bit rough around the edges (not crisp as a final model should be) but gives an idea of all the separately fitted details. Compared with my 20 year Dapol one, it has the strong points of that model but is more refined in areas. These comments of course are based on what we see on the surface. Doubtless below that she will be light years ahead...

Hi mate,

Yes, it's just a first EP model thrown together for the show last week.

Lots of tweeks needed before a second EP is accepted, including moulding tolerances, getting rid of the water tank seam line, and the square around the under cab pipe work, amongst others.

The motorised version works just fine though and has done about 45 hours this week in testing, without a hiccup.

Cheers

Dave

Having learnt recently that a couple of these were shedded in the Hull area, I anticipated the pre production models eagerly. I looked at the pictures on the RMweb live thread today, (post 1150), but was left a little underwhelmed with the general look of these models.

There is an apparent join line along the bottom of the saddle tank which is very apparent on the model, but not, (as far as I can see), on the prototype and the pipework moulding beneath the cab appears to be moulded with a rather thick back plate which is also not apparent on the prototype.

Also, the brass ladder looks rather chunky too although I'm sure I could source a replacement for this if necessary.

Apart from that, the model seems to be a fair representation of the prototype. Does anyone know if these issues will be present in the production run?

Cheers.

Sean.

**Edit** Just saw the mention of this in post 21. I'm assuning these issues are in hand.

Archived