Lima 0 gauge 4F brushes

Jon,

There's a trader who advertisers new Lima O Gauge 4F's in the Railway Modeller. They are called The 'O' Zone and can be contacted on 01236 725458. I have never used them but may be worth a call to see if they carry any spares I guess.

Alan.

• RMweb Premium

Anyone know where I can get brushes for the old O gauge 4F motor? My mate wants to use an old chassis to make a simple loco for his 3yr old nephew to play with on our layout..

Cheers

JF

I've never seen one close up, but I was under the impression that they used many components in common with the HO & OO ranges, so perhaps ask a supplier of Lima spares, if this is so for the brushes.

It's a long time since I looked at a Lima 4F motor but I don't recall the brushes being particularly complex bits of kit. Can you bodge something up with a couple of short lengths of thick pencil lead under the leaf springs?

It's a long time since I looked at a Lima 4F motor but I don't recall the brushes being particularly complex bits of kit. Can you bodge something up with a couple of short lengths of thick pencil lead under the leaf springs?

Already done that with a piece of turned down carbon rod from my RSU. It works but its too soft and clogs up the commutator.

Thanks though!

JF

Archived