Hornby 2014 - predictions

rovex

I predict (1)Railmaster  programme will get a big upgrade,  which will permit (2) Track Circuit  Occupancy detection, there will be an extra hardware module to detect a loco in  each section of the layout.  This will make Railmaster a far better product for automation of the layout.

I wonder how many Gresley Artics would sell? Are rakes popular or are they deemed expensive when having to but them in multiple?

attachicon.gifWEB Gresley Artic.jpg

Artics would be interesting, and of course if Hornby produced an articulated bogie.....who knows where that would lead... ;)

My guess for the announcement would be - a move away from Chinese production.

It's one thing manufacturing costs being lower over there, but if you haven't got any products to sell it wouldn't surprise me if there was a move elsewhere, to India / Latvia / UK?

The trend towards design clever and fewer parts means the production line should be more flexible when it comes to moving to a different location.

Has anybody mentioned an eight coach Western Region diesel pullman set yet?

After all Triang/Hornby did make the correct power cars for these.

But otherwise more 'Modern Image' PLEASE!

I was half-tempted to put this on my post earlier today when I suggested a few off-the-wall things. I'd like one but I think an 8-car set may be asking a bit much, and would need four different vehicle types.  Still, strange things happen.

• RMweb Premium

All this computerisation and automation. What's wrong with getting it to do what you want it to, not what somebody else thinks it should be doing for you?

With Railmaster (or other automation programs), I can get it to do what I want it to do, not what the other operators think that it should do...... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

I fear my earlier carrot dangling is producing ideas far more creative and revolutionary rather than the evolutionary matter I commented upon.

I geddit...Hornby is launching something to replace DC, not to be confused with Design Clever. The new process is simpler even than DCC with not even two wires required. Two versions will be launched.... One will have a mechanical retro-drive and comes with an inconspicuous key.

post-6680-0-49910900-1387141394.jpg

The Spamcan has a replaceable battery store within the body and comes with a tin opener.

post-6680-0-70921200-1387141396_thumb.jpg

Well just over 12 hours to go, so a last hope that there might be a little bit more for the LMS from Hornby in 2014. Yes I know that Bachmann have done a great job but it would be nice to have Hornby acknowledge the largest of the Big Four with slightly more than the 4 wheel CCT Van! So here goes:

How about a Stanier Class 3 2-6-2T; Period II non-corridor stock including push pull and a revamp of the LMS standard goods brake van. If Hornby would like to venture into the pre-grouping era then a MR Johnson 0-4-4T; a LNWR 0-6-2T Coal Tank; a L&Y Aspinall A Class 0-6-0 and the real outsider - a CR 812 0-6-0, not to mention coaching stock to go with them would be very acceptable. Well I can dream.

Hopefully Hornby will abandon "Design Clever" for mainstream products and limited it to products we might not otherwise get like the P2 and the Duke plus the Railroad range. Please, no repeat of the Star, spoilt for the lack of four little pieces of wire and taking the bogie wheels from the wrong parts bin!

Finally Hornby and other manufactures please remember that there is 50 years of careful research by the LMS Society available to you to help!

Just a bit concerned about this "Game Changer". In my neck of the woods this can often mean "Own Goal". I hope it's just a late equaliser.

Actually, rather than any particular predictions or wishes, I hope we see a positive message of intent from Hornby tomorrow that will maintain (or perhaps rebuild) confidence in the brand that is so important to them. It will give me as much satisfaction to see this as any specific model that might tickle my fancy.

RP

• RMweb Gold

My guess for the announcement would be - a move away from Chinese production.

It's one thing manufacturing costs being lower over there, but if you haven't got any products to sell it wouldn't surprise me if there was a move elsewhere, to India / Latvia / UK?

It was reported/rumoured some years ago that when they bought Electroten along with all those other European manufacturers they retained the Spanish factory.

Archived