Hornby 2014 - predictions

rovex

An interesting paragraph within the e-mail sent out to retailers ahead of the various Hornby announcements:

"Please note, we have made several amendments to our pricing policies for 2014 in a bid to make them easier to understand. Therefore, we strongly advise you review the pricing in detail prior to issuing any communications to your consumers".

Personally, I don't see how the policy could be any easier than it was until the end of 2012. Another kick in the teeth for their 'supportive' retailers? We shall see.

Good Morning,

I'd just like to wish Hornby well in their new 7mm RTR range for 2014, starting with a high spec Class 37 and detailed track system, built to a new 'Designed-Properly' specification ! :blum:

( followed by an up-scaled Class 60 and inspection saloon )

Just an off the wall thought if they get it it into their heads that Pete Waterman and Heljan 'O' gauge is taking off...............?

Regards,

Shed.

++++ News Flash ++++

Hornby announce they have been taken over by Bachmann. A formal announcement to be made at the Stock Market on opening tomorrow as to how Hornby shareholders are to be integrated into the new BachHorn brand shareholding.

++++ End of News Flash ++++

Hahaha.

Update from the Stock Exchange:

The new Bachby-Hormann company has had a surprise bid from a newcomer to the marketplace. The offer from a company called DJH is however said to be too low, if they would only raise to 10.5p they would jump at it....

Stewart

Has anyone else noticed that this thread is actually getting longer at a rate that is higher than the speed that you can read it?

Stewart

You wait 'til after 10am...

Mind you, this thread will be rapidly overtaken by Andy's new one, I think...

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone else noticed that this thread is actually getting longer at a rate that is higher than the speed that you can read it?

Stewart

I was thinking just that Stewart, I've only managed to read about half of it.

By the law of averages one or two of us must have got something right!

• RMweb Gold

As we're into the final hour, I can reveal what I've known all along....

Hornby have invented a new modelling scale.

It's called 'Q' scale....

The models will be fantastic, detail perfect, and easy on the wallet. Every period & region will be fully catered for. Locomotives & coaches will be changed, to represent the era the modeller wishes....

Now, if you can all form a queue.....

Ian

• RMweb Premium

This all sounds very intriguing. Can't wait to check out RMWeb tomorrow!

Edit - Apologies to t-b-g for posting almost simultaneously the same post - Note to Self: Must be quicker on the old keyboard!

No apology necessary! My problem is that I will be on the road at 10.00am and so my suspense will have to carry on a little longer than most people will have to cope with.

Still, if my tip off is anything like correct, there is some interesting stuff (much of which has been mentioned on the thread) but nothing that suits what I model.

So all I will predict is a favourable reaction!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

HI

A flying Scotsman, same as they did last year and the year before that........

The other thing is , is that all these new models that they announced today, should be with use in a few years time.

Get a boiler next year, cab sides 2015, frames 2016, tender.................. Oh, sorry, that should be in the Hachette thread.

Very excited now.

Cup of tea ready to go, best biscuits unwrapped, cushions plumped.

Rob

I'd check that excitement until we know whats being announced - you might find youre missing a hankerchief in 15 minutes time.

Id start on the biscuits though regardless......

• RMweb Premium

OK, let's be perfectly clear about this.  What I need to hear is a list of models that I either really need or don't want at all.  None of those things Bachmann keeps coming up with, that I can neither justify nor resist.

• RMweb Premium

Four minutes until the meltdown...  :jester:

As I have just ordered a Golden Arrow Models kit, a Q Class is inevitable isn't it?  As is a 78xxx Standard as I am practicing my modelling skills with a modification of a old Hornby Ivatt Class 2...

Archived