April 2014 Swag event - Do we have a date?

Donw

• RMweb Gold

No I would like to be there (free transport to the door using a bus pass!) but I have agreed to assist in Peterborough on the 12/4 and cannot miss Reading 10/5. Herself is talking about visiting Suffolk around the same time so some careful planning is required. We are used to invasions its like a wave from Butlins. Even the slow journey on the A39 doesn't put them off.

Don

ps I may have a 2mm layout I could tuck under one arm by then

• RMweb Gold

Yes, I can neither deny or deny that the date for the next Taunton Members Day will be Sunday 27th April 2014, in the usual venue of Staplegrove Village Hall, 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs. I'm looking at a similar Saturday event as per 2013 as well, please keep an eye on the 'RMWeb Events' section of the forum, but don't expect any formal announcements until a few weeks into the New Year...

• RMweb Gold

The Captain must be keenly awaiting the results of the parsnip forecast to be released before he can make a concrete decision about the date, because it may have an adverse effect on next year's pastie production.

Yes, we're seriously worried about the state of the Ruritanian parsnip harvest... :P

• RMweb Gold

It is with much regret that Kim and I will miss this one as we are overshooting and heading to real pasty country. We are at the Helston show with John Greenwood that weekend where Wadebridge will be making a dry run appearance before its national début at Railex Aylesbury in May. Its a real shame that the dates clash as the Taunton members day is one of the best days out of the year.

We'll be back.....................

Jerry 

• RMweb Gold

I hope the Cap'n has some suitable small scale substitute wonderment for us.

Actually, I was thinking of something along the lines of the 'slip layout' concept, as Jerry and Kim speed westwards on the M5, they will jettison a small layout in a sidecar, a few miles short of junction 25. I'll get some SWAG volunteers to set the points from the motorway through to Staplegrove, and we'll send Chris Foren out with a pannier tank to pick it up... :lol:  :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Actually, I was thinking of something along the lines of the 'slip layout' concept, as Jerry and Kim speed westwards on the M5, they will jettison a small layout in a sidecar, a few miles short of junction 25. I'll get some SWAG volunteers to set the points from the motorway through to Staplegrove, and we'll send Chris Foren out with a pannier tank to pick it up... :lol:  :lol:

that would be small scale wonderment. I am surprised you are not planning to refuse them visas at the Cornish Border.

Don

• RMweb Gold

I am surprised you are not planning to refuse them visas at the Cornish Border.

Yes, well I may arrange for a small detachment of the Royal Padstow Lancers to erect a road block just the Cornish side of the A38 tunnel, where they will await the arrival of the Clifford conveyance, with the intention of checking for contraband English 'pasties' and pre-packed cream teas and forcing all occupants to sign a solemn declaration, stating that they will never attempt to leave the Duchy, without first visiting the Algernon Cuthbertson Visitor Centre in Bodmin and signing the visitors book...

(at that point, the slightly slow-witted platoon will realise that Jerry and Kim have taken the A30 from Exeter....!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

With all the customary inconvenience these things seem to bring forth we have a family wedding back home in August.  The consequence of that for me is that I shall be obliged to sit out the 2014 Pasty Area Group Event (PAGE) and wish you all a fun-filled day.

I have always intended (threatened?) to make a return visit to Staplegrove 2015 and this remains on my forward-looking radar.

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Wouldn't mis this for the world and really looking forward to this again, Visas are currently awaiting aproval from those in high places :dontknow: to see what I am need to do this year.

Cheers

Simon

Is the Higher Authority who approves your Permits to Travel Away from Home in a position to accompany you this time, Simon? :)

• RMweb Gold

Is the Higher Authority who approves your Permits to Travel Away from Home in a position to accompany you this time, Simon? :)

Good morning Capitan,

Unfortunatly the higher Authority won't be able to attend this year as her easter holidays from School ( for those that don't know she is a teacher) are at the begining of the month and as her boss is a good friend of hers we can't even get away thats there has been a family emergancy in the Taunton area as she knows that all her family are in the Darlington area. 

She has requested that if you could move the date to follow easter she would love to return as she had a great time (her words) and would really like to visit again.

I am avalible for galley duty if you don't need me for anything else.

cheers

Simon

Archived