N gauge J94 steam locomotive

DJM Dave

I'll be announcing decoders which will fit once I have a 1st EP sample to test.

I gave a good idea, but for the sake of a few months I'd rather be safe than sorry in my advice.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Here are the final cad/cam images of the J94 and all its versions in N gauge.

I have tried to get the gear tower removed from under the boiler but due to space constraints, balance, motor size, Decoder and PCB board location this has proved impossible to do so.

So I have today, authorised tooling to commence with the factory.

Please check my 'timeline' page for details of production, shipping and delivery  etc.

The models will be available to purchase directly from me, or from any stockist that is on my 'stockists' page of the web site www.djmodels.co.uk

cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-83219700-1399030376_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-34928200-1399030390_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-57886600-1399030408_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-99726000-1399030423_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-72718600-1399030437_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-39042000-1399030453_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-57565400-1399030468_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-52583600-1399030487_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-03207600-1399030515_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-27850700-1399030532_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-85177400-1399030548_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-49908400-1399030563_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Steve,

It would be nice if I could do a couple in the (hopefully) second release.

Cheers

Dave

Would this be potentially coinciding with the release of the MWs? I smell an ironstone layout on the horizon... RB draglines and face shovels, tracks in cuttings, mineral wagons and lots of red soil! Mmmmmm

• 3 months later...

Any update on this?

Hi mate,

Nothing to report as yet.

It's in the queue.

I have a 'timeline' page on my web site where if I have anything new to add to any product I'll post there, and update here.

If you see nothing, It means that ( for a change) I simply have nothing to say. Lol

Cheers

Dave

• 2 years later...

Hi mate,

Nothing to report as yet.

It's in the queue.

I have a 'timeline' page on my web site where if I have anything new to add to any product I'll post there, and update here.

If you see nothing, It means that ( for a change) I simply have nothing to say. Lol

Cheers

Dave

Am I allowed to ask the same question again? as its been a couple of years...?

Am I allowed to ask the same question again? as its been a couple of years...?

I just checked the DJM progress page. Shipped and sold ages ago. Oh well snooze you loose

Seriously it has completed cad stage. As Dave says if there is anything to report it will be on the progress page.

Your question I think is "has this project been stalled and if so when will it restart?"

• RMweb Premium

I don't get why people keep asking if there is any progress. Dave has said countless times that one project will follow another, using funds from the previous one to fund the next, and when there is any progress, he will let us know. There's no point him coming on here every month and updating every project thread saying "no news yet" over and over.

I don't get why people keep asking if there is any progress. Dave has said countless times that one project will follow another, using funds from the previous one to fund the next, and when there is any progress, he will let us know. There's no point him coming on here every month and updating every project thread saying "no news yet" over and over.

Yes but which product will follow which? The progress / update page is seven months old and no N gauge loco has apparently gone past the CAD stage

• RMweb Gold

Yes but which product will follow which? The progress / update page is seven months old and no N gauge loco has apparently gone past the CAD stage

Did you read Dave's end of year report? He did address the n gauge models in there. Class 17 first followed by the class 23.

Roy

Thanks for that, just the kind of info I was looking for, fancy not thinking to look at the class 17 thread for it.

Perhaps hilux might have figured out from the number of posts I have made that I have nt been on here long enough to realise what has been said countless times and forgive my impertinence.

Thanks for that, just the kind of info I was looking for, fancy not thinking to look at the class 17 thread for it.

Perhaps hilux might have figured out from the number of posts I have made that I have nt been on here long enough to realise what has been said countless times and forgive my impertinence.

Don't be concerned about asking, you shouldn't have received that tart response. The main problem is that DJ Models is not keeping the model timeline progress chart up to date on its website. It was last updated in June 2016 and previously November 2015. There have been several changes to models I'm interested in but I can't use that chart as a guide. It still shows a model that has been dropped, the' oo' gauge LNER Q6 and doesn't show the 'n' and 'oo' Class 92 which are about to start tooling. One of the founding principals that DJ Models announced when it started, was that it would maintain a timeline of its models' progress. Perhaps that should have said an up to date timeline. While it would be unreasonable for the progress chart to be updated weekly, with a handful of models being actively progressed at any one time, it could be updated monthly.

• AY Mod locked this topic

Archived