Bachmann 2014 ...for those with crystal balls....

coachmann

• RMweb Gold

Mike, I trust you're not stealing red herrings from the station cat's dinner.

Here's a little reminiscing on the Mainline J72. A new NER model would put some people in quite a state.

Sadly nothing says '25' to me from this page.

Not at all Michael - my bet still stays with the Coal Tank but if this 'something with a 25' idea has any legs then the J25 strikes me as one making a bit of sense - for the reasons I outlined above.  

• RMweb Gold

Please Bachmann no more factory weathering. With the possible exception of the EWS 66 of a couple of years ago, I find all factory weathering from all the major manufacturers to be quite simply crap.

Dunno about diesels, but I have the factory weathered 7F and Dukedog and reckon what Bachmann have done provides a very good basis for me to just add some finishing touches.

John

I think someone already mentioned it...... The Lancashire & Yorkshire Class 25, or in other words the Railway Children 0-6-0 Tender loco up on the K&WVR. Seems plausible even if it is the loco we dreaded Bachmann would chose and not the more widespread 3F. Nevertheless, I would buy one just for the hell of it.

• RMweb Premium

I had my palm read today, while in Southend. Rosie-Lee said "I can see this hand in control of a train with an engine that use to run not too far from here".

She must have seen it, the surprise Bachmann release for 2014, a LTSR 4-4-2 tank loco. :secret:

• RMweb Gold

No really, it is a good thought. I mean Hornby gave away dinner plates with certain locos a few years ago so why not?

I would venture that a polyester/cotton mix is a bit down market so perhaps silk would be more in keeping with an exclusive model. Perhaps we could have a pair of cufflinks as well.

I mean, the Americans do it. I think it's the way forward. Imagine the NRM deltic with the equivalent. Mmmmmm nice!

Rob

post-14122-0-65312900-1404888228.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Surely it would silk for the NRM - probably specially made from silkworms bred by Jason Shron.

No really, it is a good thought. I mean Hornby gave away dinner plates with certain locos a few years ago so why not?

I would venture that a polyester/cotton mix is a bit down market so perhaps silk would be more in keeping with an exclusive model. Perhaps we could have a pair of cufflinks as well.

I mean, the Americans do it. I think it's the way forward. Imagine the NRM deltic with the equivalent. Mmmmmm nice!

Rob

Ah, now having seen the sample I get the idea - definitely an APT-E tie then.  So another one to add to my collection, shame I rarely wear any of them but if you saw the DSB one you'd understand why!

Ah, now having seen the sample I get the idea - definitely an APT-E tie then.  So another one to add to my collection, shame I rarely wear any of them but if you saw the DSB one you'd understand why!

That must be one that my wife "lost" the day after I had it given!

Mike

Please Bachmann no more factory weathering. With the possible exception of the EWS 66 of a couple of years ago, I find all factory weathering from all the major manufacturers to be quite simply crap.

I would agree and disagree to this point! 

Yes some of the factory weathering is crap for certain models, but as a coat or base coat for light weathering on modern locos it is really good

as well as it being great light weathering for coaching stock and i think it works very well on the mk1's!

• RMweb Premium

On the flip side of the factory weathering argument, it makes simple renumbering jobs nigh on impossible without a lot of hassle.

I can see a flush fronted Class 45/46 peak appearing in the announcement and possibly a Class 120 DMU, they must make a start on the 64ft DMU's at some point! More liveries on Class 37/0's especially the railfreight sector ones would be popular. Other than that I'd be hoping for something AC

they must make a start on the 64ft DMU's at some point!

Must they? Having got a 57' chassis they are happy with, they seem content to just turn out new variants for it. As a WR modeller, I would like to see some of the 64-footers (especially in N gauge) but it seems like a bit of a high hope. I suspect they will continue to milk the 57' classes for some time before they need to look elsewhere. :(

To combine John and Gordon's comments I hope that Bachmann do announce a really popular and useful loco type such as the flush front peaks or the sector liveried 37/0s which would I'm sure sell bucket loads.

But please Bachmann, don't then put a spanner in the works by making them factory weathered (therefore dearer) and a pain to re-number.

(Your factory weathering will only be removed anyway!)

Archived