Bachmann 2014 ...for those with crystal balls....

coachmann

• RMweb Gold

If it weren't for Sunday's announcement being so close, I would suggest this thread has lost the plot of late and has become a wish list haha..........No doubt someone not a million miles away will be glad to lock it at midnight Sat-dy.  :spiteful:

Well you did start it with your `predictions`

I have never disguised my liking of Bachmann model railway products and I know I am not alone in wondering what announcements this company might have up its sleeve for the New Year. It is impossible to avoid wish lists but even so a touch of extrapolation might produce a model or two that ends up spot on the nose.

Maybe it is too early to add a further Lanky loco to the well-received 2-4-2T but I feel they will announce a LYR 'A' Class 0-6-0 Tender engine before the next erection. election.

Bachmann has suprised us in the past with wow-factor locos like the S&DJR 2-8-0, Compound, GWR outside frame 4-4-0s and the like. So I will place my bet on a NER Q6 0-8-0 as the next WOW, or a GER 'Claud' 4-4-0.

For the smaller loco with character, I would not be suprised to see the LNWR 'Coal Tank' 0-6-2T to accompany the Super D.

GWR 1923-28 57ft Bow-ended corridor coaches would be a smash-hit considering all the GWR passenger locos there are available RTR with now't to haul!

Over to the soothsayers amongst you.....

It was always going to happen I'm afraid...

Sorry Mr Coachman but for the sake of fairness and equity this thread should have been put to bed for the next 6 months, it's far too early for this commotion and emotion. 

... and I hate to say I told you so :jester:

Never mind will soon be Sunday.

One that wont be included I'm sure is an LMS dock tank, probably already mentioned and one of the least likely to be produced this year (small range and all that) but not impossible. I'd buy one.

Rhys

1254 responses suggest this thread has been popular, and surely fairly harmless. That makes it a success by any Internet Forum standard!

well yes it was harmless in the first 6 months provided one didnt dare fall off the OPs tightrope one was required to walk to avoid venturing into that area of wishlisting punishable as we all now know only by one being hung drawn and quartered.....then shot and then electrocuted.

frankly the fact the reins have relaxed now comes as a breath of fresh air given that (if you hadnt actually noticed) we dont have a separate wishlist thread this time round....

i would just enjoy the privolity now.....wish away i say!

.....................  Never mind will soon be Sunday.

Well after one week of "discussion" re. the releases someone will start a thread about the annual poll.

AND, after that someone will start up the "what will Hornby produce at Christmas for 2015 ?  (Answer ;  nothing they haven't announced already.)

AND THEN,  the Bachmann 2015/16 wishing, and THEN the 2015 poll.

THERE, everyones' lives spelt out for the next 9 months.

• RMweb Gold

well yes it was harmless in the first 6 months provided one didnt dare fall off the OPs tightrope one was required to walk to avoid venturing into that area of wishlisting punishable as we all now know only by one being hung drawn and quartered.....then shot and then electrocuted.

frankly the fact the reins have relaxed now comes as a breath of fresh air given that (if you hadnt actually noticed) we dont have a separate wishlist thread this time round....

i would just enjoy the privolity now.....wish away i say!

I tend to agree - at first it made a lot of sense to stay with Coach's original formula of 'guesslisting', a sort of reasoned (sometimes) estimate of what Bachmann might do next although the occasional wishlisters made their presence felt.  But fortunately the thread stayed mainly on the straight and narrow and didn't get locked, I presume, as a result.  But turning over the past few days into far more of a wishlist seems to be inevitable and it's really quite good fun because - as you say - there's a bit of change and an altogether lighter touch as folk reel out their secret desires for us all to enjoy.

As for a Hornby guesslist - I think we've already got several of those running on the forum, not so much guessing what they're going to make as when they're going to deliver what they've already said they will make and if it will or won't have moulded handrails and a stick-on 'etched' namplate; not much different when you think about it.

Now, that Coal Tank, hmm - hopefully in final BR condition, I wish (and guess, all in one sentence).

• RMweb Gold

I tend to agree - at first it made a lot of sense to stay with Coach's original formula of 'guesslisting', a sort of reasoned (sometimes) estimate of what Bachmann might do next although the occasional wishlisters made their presence felt.  But fortunately the thread stayed mainly on the straight and narrow and didn't get locked, I presume, as a result.  But turning over the past few days into far more of a wishlist seems to be inevitable and it's really quite good fun because - as you say - there's a bit of change and an altogether lighter touch as folk reel out their secret desires for us all to enjoy.

As for a Hornby guesslist - I think we've already got several of those running on the forum, not so much guessing what they're going to make as when they're going to deliver what they've already said they will make and if it will or won't have moulded handrails and a stick-on 'etched' namplate; not much different when you think about it.

Now, that Coal Tank, hmm - hopefully in final BR condition, I wish (and guess, all in one sentence).

58926.....88E....circa 1955/6 ?

dont forget Heljan in a few months ;)

i dare say Dapol will also feature in there somewhere too......

I believe Dave Jones is planning to make an announcement next week too once the excitement of Bachmann's anniversary has died down somewhat.

With all that is happening, there should be something for almost everyone in next few months (unless you are modelling something very specific like the the Furness Railway ;) ).

• RMweb Premium

I believe Dave Jones is planning to make an announcement next week too once the excitement of Bachmann's anniversary has died down somewhat.With all that is happening, there should be something for almost everyone in next few months (unless you are modelling something very specific like the the Furness Railway ;) ).

Oh goodness! Indeed there is just about something for everyone - I've been enjoying the photographs of Heljan's forthcoming O2 on the Wright writes column on here, and on LNER Forum.

I note that Bachmann have a full page advertisement in Rail Express pointing to their announcement on Sunday, which suggests to me they must be announcing something for the current day modeller. If they aren't, their advert to that target audience is rather wasted.

John

• RMweb Premium

Let's face it, whatever appears, some of us will be very happy and others won't. If my hoped-for locos don't appear, I'll probably grumble quietly for a while then shrug philosophically and return to my drawer of unmade kits, and also carry on butchering old Bachy Bulleids! I certainly won't be annoyed at whatever is announced if it's not to my taste - after all, it's only little trains.........(ducks hurriedly).

I'd love a 4COR "Nelson" unit BTW (and a 4SUB), but after the recent price rises and comments surrounding further MU stock, I doubt I'd be able to afford them!

Does anyone know, is the old BSL kit of the "Nelson" still available?

The mists are beginning to clear and I'm sure I can make out green wheels, big boilers and single rear carrying axles, but I can't see the rest yet......

I'll take a stab at a C1

I wonder if we will see some reissues (in updated form, DCC, etc) of the products available at the original launch of Bachmann? Special collectors editions in wooden boxes that cost a small fortune, possibly only through the collectors club (which will increase in price). Life got in the way so wasn't modelling at the time Bachmann was launched in Blighty.

• RMweb Premium

I'll take a stab at a C1

It would make perfect sense. 95% the same loco as the Brighton Atlantic.already announced. Plus one is preserved, Plus they are just wonderful locos. If one comes out in GNR llivery, I insist that my name is top of the waiting list.

I could go for a Coal Tank too. We have a Jidenco one on Narrow Road but on an LNWR layout, you can't have too many. So 1089 as preserved would go down a treat, to save me changing the livery on an LMS or BR one.

Isn't it exciting.........

I remain hopeful as I do every year for an NE model, Q6, yes a Q6! A J21 or 27 would also be amazing. In terms of a tank loco an A8 or 5, the L1 was was popular so why not. I have heard rumours the G5 is high on the agenda but would have thought that would wait until the new build project is close to completion, some way off currently.

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if we will see some reissues (in updated form, DCC, etc) of the products available at the original launch of Bachmann? Special collectors editions in wooden boxes that cost a small fortune, possibly only through the collectors club (which will increase in price). Life got in the way so wasn't modelling at the time Bachmann was launched in Blighty.

There's a Silver Jubilee pairing in a wooden presentation case on Bachmann's website. LMS Jubilee in BR green and Class 47 in blue with Union Flag logos.

There's another thread on here specific to it, which I've just come across!

John

• RMweb Gold

Would Bachmann see a good return in going for 3 of Hornby now dated and in need of upgrading gems GWR king a SR spam (original) can a LMS princess royal or Coronation.

Archived