Bachmann 2014 ...for those with crystal balls....

coachmann

• RMweb Premium

Of the locomotives in Bachmann's pipeline listed by Ozexpatriate at post 1293 above, there is also the USA 0-6-0T they are doing for Model Rail. It will be interesting if there is any news of this on Sunday, as to how far it has progressed - still at CAD CAM stage? early production prototype?

John

They're not revealing a start time for Sunday's website scrum are they? Maybe they are hoping the Bachmann website won't break quite so many times if nobody knows the exact zero hour? I think the jungle telegraph will spread the news rapidly enough to dash any such hopes. Will THIS site be robust enough to take the strain too?

I did try peering into the crystal ball again a while ago. This time it was almost as if I could see two separate green wheeled beasties.

A few years ago at York exhibition I spoke to Dennis Lovett and bemoaned the fact that as a collector of LMS thirties models, the only proprietary loco I had chosen to ignore was the Silver Jubilee 5552 model, as it was a great idea but very poorly executed; with a great chromy dome which it shouldn't have, and a lot of silver paper detail that just peeled off. I suggested that as they had produced a new Jubilee they might like to have another go at it, and do it properly. He replied that they might have a look at it and consider it for the future. As they announced three more Jubilee models in last years catalogue which we are still waiting for, maybe they've done a run of 4 models on the quiet and are waiting to spring them on us on Sunday. I hope so.

• RMweb Gold

They're not revealing a start time for Sunday's website scrum are they? Maybe they are hoping the Bachmann website won't break quite so many times if nobody knows the exact zero hour? I think the jungle telegraph will spread the news rapidly enough to dash any such hopes. Will THIS site be robust enough to take the strain too?

I did try peering into the crystal ball again a while ago. This time it was almost as if I could see two separate green wheeled beasties.

Numbered 21C1 and 21C2, perchance...... :jester:

A decent breakdown crane world be nice

I spoke to the Bachmann chap at Warley this year and asked about a breakdown crane,and was told they would not do one, due to so many types used,and if they did a 75 ton,how much would it cost!. 

I ain't sayin' nuffin' however someone on here (I think) knows where I will be on Tuesday week.  On a different front a bit of retail trade intelligence today repeated the information that there will be three new models (presumably for 00) consisting of one each of a loco, a coach, and a wagon.  To me the only coach which makes sense on its own is some sort of 'special' such as an auto coach, or saloon or inspection coach (or possibly a single unit diesel car?), haven't got a clue what wagon but could be a brakevan perhaps.  And of course there might be something else, maybe?

So my money now goes on a Coal Tank, a single unit diesel railcar or possibly an inspection saloon, and a GWR freight brakevan.  Regrettably i'm usually well wrong in these guessing games so if you get a GWR gas turbine or a B16 you'll have to blame me. 

Based on this inspection saloon theory, my crystal ball reports a toothpaste coloured single coach unit with bright lights at both ends.....tables.....seats.....wait a minute, I can see green as well....and a name with a capital 'C' in it.....A bottle of gin is also showing through, and, a palace? Well, if Pink Floyd can release a new album then anything is possible, Could this be the year for an Rtr NSE Inspection Saloon? Also known as The Gin Palace or 'Caroline' after refurbishment?

I'm sure its been mentioned before but i'd love a LNER Q6. Plus the 'real' one is in the final stages of returning to steam on the NYMR.

A detailed WD 0-6-0 or 2-10-0 wouldn't go amiss.

But i'll be happy with any LNER / BR eastern locomotives.

thanks 

Jamie D

• RMweb Premium

OK, I'll take a punt now as to what Bachmann might do.

I think there will be something from early in Bachmann's history that will get a revamp, so the J72 and the Lord Nelson are both potential contenders. I don't know the history of the Coal Tank, but there seem to be a fair few 'educated' guesses in that direction, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

As for a coach or wagon, I have no idea what they might do.

For a 'wish list', I'd love them to do an A1/A1X Terrier to a highly detailed standard, but then I wish for that from every one of the manufacturers :crazy:

I don't think we'll see the Adams Radial as it's too small in numbers for the class for a main range model, I've always felt that'll come via some sort of commission, but I'd be happy to be wrong. The H Class would be a good companion for both the Bachmann's C and Hornby's Pull-Push sets, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced.

However, most of those locomotives mentioned above are Southern-oriented and I'm sure Bachmann wouldn't want to get too stuck in a Southern rut. I think it's only their Bluebell work that has caused so much of that recently, and I'm pretty sure the prolific releases that have come from that association can't last forever :(

Numbered 21C1 and 21C2, perchance...... :jester:

You might have the right combination of letters and numbers, just not the right class I suspect…! I am going to be a very happy bunny tomorrow regardless.

2013 and 2014 are the year of the LNER in my opinion, at least in terms of Mallard's anniversary and this year's crop of incoming models...

• RMweb Gold

Ah, a Coal Tank with green wheels and a spamcan with green wheels, clever.  (And I still ain't sayin' nuffin' although I know what I know and one thing which will be seen tomorrow will not surprise me in the least, but I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of it).

SECR 790 to go with the C-class and birdcage stock. 

It's preserved, it's green and it's really quite unlike anything else yet produced RTR (Edwardian express loco with those lovely curved splashers and dripping in brasswork). 

I'm sure it'd sell like hotcakes- I'd have one and I don't even model the south east!

Have we been right to take our collective eyes off the Scenecraft range?

Would new building/infrastructure models be subject to the same bottleneck problems? Obviously, if I cannot have my Adams Radial Tank, improved Terrier, and S15 in the foreseeable future, then I am vulnerable to other temptations. For starters, station buildings to the standard designs of Sir William Tite would also have a wide appeal. 

PB

• RMweb Premium

Have we been right to take our collective eyes off the Scenecraft range?

It would be quite amusing to find that all this "25th Anniversary" guff relates to a model of a 1980s station bus shelter :P

• RMweb Premium

I've long thought they'll announce ex-Midland Rly structures with a Settle & Carlisle connection to tie in with the 25th anniversary of the line's reprieve from closure this year.

maybe Ais Gill signalbox (already announced in N as part of Farish's Cumbrian Mountain Express train pack),

Dent station,

... or parts to build your own Ribblehead Viaduct.

The alternative could be to expand on the Oakworth station building provided in the Railway Children's train pack and announce a range of Worth Valley structures:

Oakworth's goods shed, Damems loop signalbox and/or halt.

Archived