Bachmann 2014 ...for those with crystal balls....

coachmann

• RMweb Gold

Another whisper I picked up today confirmed the story of three new tooling 00 items I have heard previously from elsewhere and hints that the three includes what I was wondering about as part of a 3+1 situation.  So there you have it - rumourtrol x 3 says only 3 new tooling items in 00 in the loco/rolling stock area.

Quoting from Mike Stationmaster's Rumourtrol, three new items could be generous. Personally I would settle for one new item if it matched my tastes, looked and ran well. After all, other manufacturers are attempting to take my pocket money at the same time. (700 class, O2s, and possibly Gate-stock)

My Bachmann N class moguls have not all been to the same standard, (B2B's and poor gear trains have been the worst culprits). But the best have been very satisfying. In addition, both of the Wainwright C's run well, and I appear to have escaped the duck-waddle problem reported elsewhere.

Tomorrow will provide an hour or so of innocent entertainment.

PB

• RMweb Gold

I think this could be said of many threads, but members are just having fun....

Which was, I'm sure, part of the idea in the first place?

Quoting from Mike Stationmaster's Rumourtrol, three new items could be generous. Personally I would settle for one new item if it matched my tastes, looked and ran well. After all, other manufacturers are attempting to take my pocket money at the same time. (700 class, O2s, and possibly Gate-stock)

My Bachmann N class moguls have not all been to the same standard, (B2B's and poor gear trains have been the worst culprits). But the best have been very satisfying. In addition, both of the Wainwright C's run well, and I appear to have escaped the duck-waddle problem reported elsewhere.

Tomorrow will provide an hour or so of innocent entertainment.

PB

Quite right Peter - in fact there's nothing wrong with one, as long as it's the right one.  And of course there's still plenty to come from Bachmann from earlier announcements so depending on ones modelling themes(s) the year could still be very satisfying for some folk although no doubt - as ever - there will be cries of 'why didn't they do a xxxxxxxxx?" from those who wanted one of those.

course you could get the model you want only to find its being released in the wrong livery initially.

maybe bachmanns surprise will be a 00 model thats been kept under wraps for the development stages and is ready for immediate purchase ??

hopefully the wagon wont be a 4 wheel mineral truck with 25th anniversary decals slapped on the sides....

Obviously the preserved Highland Railway Jones Goods 4-6-0 number 103 in yellow or green livery and appropriate vans and coaching stock of course leading the way to a whole new vistas of modelling interest. Not that I am really interested as I model Padstow in Cornwall rather than the Kyle.... Ye take the high road....and a nip of scotch now and then...

• RMweb Gold

Hardly worth 54 pages.

Dare I say it but it was hardly worth posting that really.

This is all about a big of fun, a speculative thread to get the grey matter going and I think it is fair to say this has been achieved.

Undoubtedly, there will be items mentioned on this thread which will not be produced. However, all this speculation may have sowed a seed or two at Bachmann.

Personally, I can't wait......

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Hi.  As this topic has been running for 7 months now  does it mean we can start frothing, guessing, wish-listing etc about Hornby on Monday?

Roger.

Or even better - Bachmann for 2015/2016.....................

Cheers,

Mick

Not long to wait now!

My thoughts/hopes.....a retooled V2 is certainly overdue. A North Eastern 0-6-0 would be lovely, however so soon after the J11 I doubt it.

C1? Would seem logical wouldn't it.

What hour on the morrow shall the bard(s) of Barwell be expected to come forth with their august pronouncements?  Will it be at a civilized hour in olde Albion?

As you’ll all be aware, the company’s called ‘Bachmann Europe Plc’. As I live in France, therefore an hour ahead of the UK, I now know EVERYTHING. But I’m bound by an international confidentiality agreement not to post even the most minor of clues. Sorry J

I'll be posting the information soon after 10.00 dependent on data connections.

And on that note I'll switch Coach's crystal ball off until after the announcements to avoid thread confusion.

So, top prognostication marks to:

Class 90 electric. And something from WW1 other than the sets / train packs already announced. Maybe a trench supply train?

For being suspiciously prescient. ;)

I ain't sayin' nuffin' however someone on here (I think) knows where I will be on Tuesday week.  On a different front a bit of retail trade intelligence today repeated the information that there will be three new models (presumably for 00) consisting of one each of a loco, a coach, and a wagon.

For warning of the paucity in releases.

Have we been right to take our collective eyes off the Scenecraft range?

Would new building/infrastructure models be subject to the same bottleneck problems? Obviously, if I cannot have my Adams Radial Tank, improved Terrier, and S15 in the foreseeable future, then I am vulnerable to other temptations. For starters, station buildings to the standard designs of Sir William Tite would also have a wide appeal.

For the reminder that there is more to a railway than rolling stock. (Though in fairness there were a lot of Scenecraft posts early on.)

We'll have to see what the upcoming Shildon announcement brings on the 29th.

We have two new locomotives and two new wagons accounted for.

Archived