Gaugemaster Prodigy NOT reading CV's from ESU Lokpilot 52685 6 Pin Micro DCC Decoder V3.0 - but its OK with the Lenz system

250BOB

My pal has just bought a small decoder to fit in a small Spanish 00 gauge, "08" type shunter......not exactly sure what the loco is, foreign locos not my bag.

He has fitted an  ESU Lokpilot 52685 6 Pin Micro DCC Decoder V3.0

But when he puts it on the programming track to read CV values.......as soon as he presses Enter, it shoots off the end of the track at high velocity....???

This is with the Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance set.

However......fetch it to my place, and try to do the same on my Lenz operating system......reads perfectly, no issues whatsoever.

This is absolutely NOT a one off occurence, and from time to time, my pals do seem to suffer various issues of reading decoders of various types with their Gaugemaster systems....that are NOT reproducible on my Lenz system.

Is the Gaugemaster Prodigy at fault.....or not as capable as a Lenz system, i.e. you get what you pay for.

Bob

I am not familiar with Gauagemaster Prodigy but as a general principal nothing should be shooting off the end of a programming track as most systems with separate programming outputs like the Lenz do not deliver enough current to do that. This is deliberate so that the chances of burning out a badly fitted decoder are minimised. Are you sure your pal has his programming track correctly wired up?

Richard

I am not familiar with Gauagemaster Prodigy but as a general principal nothing should be shooting off the end of a programming track as most systems with separate programming outputs like the Lenz do not deliver enough current to do that. This is deliberate so that the chances of burning out a badly fitted decoder are minimised. Are you sure your pal has his programming track correctly wired up?

Richard

Hi Richard,

Most of the time he is reading decoders without any issues at all........mostly lenz decoders.  The trouble comes with some other makes on occasion...like this one.

Just seems to be occasional strange occurrences.

Bob.

Archived