Was anyone tried to model an Irish Railway, now first attempt at a loco!

Flying Fox 34F

Dear All,

Where has the last three months gone?

Just a quick update, I have tried a second attempt at the chassis, but I struggled to get it to sit level on its wheels. Still lopsided!

As for the bodywork, I had a bash with metal, but the size of the bits, my large hands and a soldering were not good.

Tried plasticard, but it wouldn't stay flat.

I'm not sure whether to proceed further or not? My eye's seem to tire out quickly even with reading glasses or the magnifier I use, which doesn't help.

My apologies if this all seems bad news, but it has been a struggle at times.

I'll have one more attempt, then decide.

Paul 4475

• RMweb Gold

It is not easy Paul, but usually it gets a little easier as you get practice. I wonder if you would find that assembling an association etched chassis or two first would help you. However if you do find it too frustrating you could try working in 3mm. I know it would take more space but as you are modelling an Irish railway there wont be much N gauge stuff to suit and it will be a lot of scratch building. I probably should say that on here but to be honest if you are trying to work beyond your capabilities it may take the pleasure out of modelling. I doubt I would be doing 2mm if I had to scratch build it all.

Don

Archived