'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Hi George. Back on RMWeb now thanks to some help from AndyY. Couldn't login for a few days, but that's another story.

Back to the track and Templot. I really think it's worth persevering with Templot. It took me a few goes to get my head around the basics but it's worthwhile. I'm still no expert but can string a few turnouts together and some track and for the more tricky stuff there's the Templot forum for help or I guess there's plenty of followers here who would be willing to give you a helping hand, me included (as long as you're not in a hurry). Using templates is ok but you'll always be constrained by them. I.e by the radius of the curve. In Templot you can have a curved piece of track of any radius and insert a turnout into it and it will take the shape of the curve. I found trying to copy the first tutorial video really useful as it takes you through most of the basics, it's only when you want to do slips and tandems that things get tricky, but there's a tutorial for them as well.

We missed Martin at ExpoEM North and was thinking of going to ScaleForum and would have liked to meet up with him but we have too much on to give up a whole weekend. Too far for us to go in one day. Shame as we really enjoyed it last year.

Ray.

Hello Ray,  Thanks for the info mate, but as l only need a few points and some diamond crossings ? l will get some templates elsewhere, l can't sit for hours trying to make it work for me hahaha lifes too short ? on the scalefour website there is a guy who can supply me with a set of templates for £15, we'll see what they are like,

Cheers George

Hello Ray,  Thanks for the info mate, but as l only need a few points and some diamond crossings ? l will get some templates elsewhere, l can't sit for hours trying to make it work for me hahaha lifes too short ? on the scalefour website there is a guy who can supply me with a set of templates for £15, we'll see what they are like,

Cheers George

That WONT be OO and so the sleeper spacings may be different as well as the track gauge, just get a set of Marcway (£6 inc postage)  or C & L ones if you cant make Templot work.

• RMweb Gold

Hi George,

You don't need to pay anyone anything. If you really don't want to use Templot yourself there are lots of Templot users who will happily post printable template files here for you.

Me for example. :)

Here's a couple of A-6 turnouts in 00-BF attached below. That's 35" radius (894mm 35.2").

When printing them, make sure you set scaling = None or 100%. The blue printed grid lines should be 50mm apart.

Here's the file: a6_00bf_for_george.pdf

regards,

Martin.

Cheers George

Hi George,

You don't need to pay anyone anything. If you really don't want to use Templot yourself there are lots of Templot users who will happily post printable template files here for you.

Me for example. :)

Here's a couple of A-6 turnouts in 00-BF attached below. That's 35" radius (894mm 35.2").

When printing them, make sure you set scaling = None or 100%. The blue printed grid lines should be 50mm apart.

Here's the file: attachicon.gifa6_00bf_for_george.pdf

regards,

Martin.

There you go George, plenty of help here, if you need anything specific just shout, if Martin doesn't hear I'm sure I could help with a few straight or curved templates or even a diamond.

Ray.

Evening George,

As I have found in the most positive manner, we've got the most superb and supportive bunch of people on RMweb as shown by Martin's kindness, backed up by Ray's comments. You can always rely on Bodge as you know, along with many others - how lucky we are, I'm sure you'll agree! I'm off to bed with a warm smile now,

Goodnight all,

Jock.

Morning Ray, Thank you very much for the input on the issue of the track, and the offer of more track, Martin has sent me two nice point drawings and l have printed them out, could do with a diamond crossing next, hahaha thanks again......

George

Afternoon mate, I like the 108, very nice, I cant wait to dig mine out and have a play.

Also I think the control panel will be better mounted direct to the board like that, very neat (ish) and will be easier for ME to operate when I come up. hahahha

Hello Andy / John,  Proper bus, can't beat a Bristol, but you are both spot on, it seems that the crew have stranded the bus, and it does look wrong with no crew, or passengers, another job for when l'm not too busy,

George

• RMweb Premium

Couldn't resist this beautiful Class 108 in BR Green, l know it would never have ventured so far south, but you never know on a summer saturday special, have to get some destination blinds hahaha

I'd be glad to learn how easy you find changing the blinds.

Morning All,   Had a chill out this weekend so nothing much going on,  l will order my tortoise motors on thursday, as l need seven to complete the track work on 'Ashcombe', then l can get something running again ?  l had wanted to buy some sort of chimney for 'Brickwoods' at coventry the other week but did not see one l liked so l made one out of some bus ticket roll middles, (plastic) didn't turn out too bad also finished off the roof, (sorry about the flying scotsman, birthday pressy from caths mum) hahaha.

George

Morning George,

Inventive bit of re-cycling there! I'm sure it will look just right when 'bedded in'. As to the picture - remember it's the thought that counts and it has to be on show in case they visit HaHaHa!

Kind regards,

Jock. 

Archived