'Ashcombe'

georgeT

• RMweb Gold

'Ashcombe' looks really good in the pictures you have taken Andy, great to hear you are helping Mike to move 'Ashcombe' to someone who can exhibit her at shows...

Hi George,

Like Andy I dream but ... space issues ... unless I get rid of Swad Lane etc.  It is a great layout and there has been some interest - lets hope it gets more than interest tomorrow.

Cheers, Peter

With no takers for Ashcome over the weekend, if a buyer isn't found soon I may just be tempted to buy it for myself, the biggest issue I would have is owning a Layout that I hadn't built myself. I would also need to mount the Kadee Magnets above the Track as I did back in the days of Glen Roy, which would be a shame, but there is NO WAY I could use it with Tension Locks.
It would also need to stay at the Club Room for now as there is no room in the Potting Shed for it.

Time to think. :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

If anyone is interested in purchasing Ashcombe, please PM me and I will put you in touch with its current owner.

Well I've just received a phone call from a Visitor to the Open Weekend on Saturday / Yesterday, to say he is interested in purchasing Ashcombe, I am therefore meeting him at the Clubroom tomorrow evening.

I hope all goes well.

Gooooood evening alllllllllllllllllll.

Well I'm pleased to report that money has changed hands this evening and Ashcombe is on its way to a new home, and Mike is very pleased.

After problems with solder joints having fallen off on two Point Motors and a drive pin dropped out I re soldered the wiring this evening and its new owner will sort out the Point Motor Pin once its set up at his home.

Its new owner will NOT be exhibiting Ashcombe as it will become part of a larger project based around Padstow, and this evening I had the pleasure of seeing a Beattie Well Tank trundling around the layout. The size of the Well Tank made the Layout look huge, but it did look nice.

I will now make Mike a simple Layout based on my West Shed Track Plan for his fleet of Midland Based Locos and the simple designe should make life easier for him to get to grips with and have a Layout he can operate and enjoy.

Mike, although not on R M Web, he would like to thank all who have shown support at this time.

• RMweb Gold

Andy and George

George, your work of art has gone but, yes, it was nice to see JT so enthusiastic about Ashcombe and Eirwfn's relief once it was sorted.  Mike was pleased and confirmed that he would like a WS track based layout for his Midland stock and thus we have Andy's next mini project.  It also makes sure that Pencarne/Trewen will not be taken apart  ... at least not yet, after all we know Andy!  Andy, forget the 'O' gauge and continue to please us all with P&W.

Cheers, Peter 

So glad 'Ashcombe' has gone to a good home and Mike can now use the money to have something built he will be happy with and not have a big layout that he could never use stuck in pieces in the spare room, also l know all the hard work Andy has put in making this happen, and my hat goes off to him, well done mate...

PS lf Mike needs any buildings put together just send them down, and l will sort them...

Archived