'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Hello Bodger of Swad,  No l bid for the loco on the famous site (never won anything on there before) and was glad to hear that l'd won, so l have a Bachmann N class for a song, in Southern green so l guess thats the start l needed, so here we go...

George..

Hello Matt,  Thank you,  l have really started to get excited with 'Ashmere' and have decided to make it two fold, in one l will have everything in Southern green around the late 30s when everything was nice and clean, and then have a collection of Ex-Southern and GWR stock all nicely weathered and grubby,

George..

sounds like it has the halmarks of a classic george :) i'm also looking to do something simlier, you can find my plans in the track and design section of the forum, if i can get my station building anywhere near your level, i'll be a happy man :)

Regards

Matt

Many thanks Andrew aka Bodgit :) i can't wait to get started on it, but the plan has come about with many on here helping me out, without them i would still be struggling! ,and seeing George's start of the station building has got me itching to see Ashmere develop, you sidlined your layout with the Southern theme, remember seeing it when i was just merly a lurker on these boards :)

Sorry to hijack your thread George, i look forward to the next update :)

All the best

Matt

Hi Mate looking on the Hornby site this afternoon and in the 2014 new releases there's a LOVELY Black Southern T9, now that's the Dogs Doo Dah's.

Also there's a couple of new Schools out in Black and Green, if I were to do Southern again that would be on my shopping list, as I love the shape.

There is a new E4 and a H out next year as well, I hope you've got a pay rise, :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  hahhaa

Bodgit :sungum:

Hello Bodge,  What l did this time is to make a wash of acrylic dark grey and wash it all down as you showed me on 'Trebudoc'

(l know you used thinners) but with the acrylics when its dry you can do it all again, l know its a bit dark but l like it...

George

The hardest thing for me is whatever building l scratchbuild is the windows, l tend to leave them till last and normally use a bow pen to make the windows on clear plasticard, but while l was in a model shop the other day a found some 'dornaplas' windows and doors of different sizes, great stuff l thought, trouble is l had already cut the windows out on 'Ashmere' station and they were bigger than the windows in the pack,

So l had to make a template out of some scrap brass and then soldered a handle on, then l got some really thin 10thou plasticard and cut them out then fixed the now larger window in place crude but they look OK to me..

post-7716-0-25025500-1387360673_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-75777800-1387360676_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-81856300-1387360679_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-03381200-1387360683_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-68330500-1387360686_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-20433700-1387360691_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-57381100-1387360695_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-77008200-1387360700_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi George,

That's looking great, nice job!

I'm like you I tend to leave windows until last 'cos I don't enjoy doing them much, but those ones you've got have turned out really well, If anything, adding the extra depth of plasticard has made them look better with a proper frame.

Nice one mate.

Al.

Hello Andy / Al,  Thanks for the kind words, with 'Ashmere'  l am doing things different, like a terracotta red roof for the station, very much like the station roof at 'Corfe Castle' its not meant to be exact just similar. 

George

Evening Lads,  You are quite right Al its plasticard rod, as l have said l really want to try and use all of my off-cuts in my scrap drawer, all l have bought for the station is the windows and doors so far, will use smaller rods for the down pipes etc...

George

Archived