'Ashcombe'

georgeT

• RMweb Gold

Hi George, nice work. I like the idea of painting the embossed sheet first, it seems to work well.

Are you going to be building the windows yourself or have you got some etched ones?

Cheers mate,

Al.

Good Morning Al,  Nice to hear from you again,  well the idea was to use up all the left over plasticard l have collected over the years, so as l have loads of micro-strip in the drawer l guess l will have a go at making them as you have, with painting and weathering the whole sheet of embossed plasticard first l thought it would save a lot of work, as you don't have to paint around windows and doors, all you have to do is touch-up here and there ? when l make the engine shed l will try to use some of the etched brass windows in O gauge l have left over from a project l built two years ago, l will have to cut them down a bit..

George..

Nice stuff George, if its Devon or Cornwall I'm guessing it would be slate roofs, probably from Delabole Quarry in Cornwall. That I think is a darker grey than Welsh Slate but you would need to check on that.

Chimney pots are looking good mate. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Bodge :sungum:

Hello Bodge,   Thanks,   l will cut them down a bit as they look a bit tall to me, also l think l will have to lighten the stone work a tad, as l think it looks a bit too dark, more at home on Jasons 'Bacup' ?

George..

Hi George, Just looked again George and yes your right about the colour, there's always tomorrow, hahhaa

Check out Bromley North on page 3, NSE and some really great details, look at some of the earlier pics on there as well.

Bodge :sungum:

Morning David / Hoffers / Andy,  Thanks for the encouragement lads, l have added the window supports etc, all l have to do is clean them up and paint them, there will be steps added up to the doors from the street

post-7716-0-42224000-1389526094_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-19154100-1389526098_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-68801300-1389526102_thumb.jpg

DOOOOHH Just had another look and your right, you have put it in, I just wasn't looking close enough.

Whats next the Pub?

You've got to have a Pub,

You cant have a Layout without a Pub. :stinker: :stinker: :stinker:

Bodger Ales. :O  It bites your But. :no:

Hi George, I hope you don't mind me butting in, Andrew is right you do need a pub. Here's my 0 gauge version built using your method of 2mm Lite-ply although not skinned with Das but, embossed plasticard:)

post-185-0-99718700-1389606994.jpg

Morning George

Those are stunning buildings.  :sungum: You seem to have increased the level of detail compared to some of the ones I've seen before. :sungum:

Are you sure you haven't been taking lessons off Jason (Sandside)? :jester:  :jester:

Duncan

Hello Mike,  Thanks for the picture of your pub, very nice, it has given me some idea of what l want, l'm still looking at loads of pictures for inspiration. pictures of scratch built buildings always welcome..

Morning Duncan,  Yes l must admit that l was really impressed with the building Jason (Bacup) showed me and Bodgit when we met him last year, very nice, it has got me to build some houses, l must admit out of the hundreds of buildings l have made for various people over the years l have never built any houses. up to now.

Not been happy with the dark colour,  as l said it would look more at home on Jasons 'Bacup' so with a lot of careful scraping with a sharp blade its getting lighter, have to do the other two houses next..

post-7716-0-98465200-1389695286_thumb.jpg

Hello Mate,  l hate the smell of any thinners it gives me a headache, but a gentle scrape seems to be doing the trick,  been sorting out photos today, never knew l had so many pictures of your layouts...

George.

Archived