'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Hello Anglian, Thanks for dropping in and the nice words, l am not a skilled model maker by any means as there are far more competent modellers here on the RMweb as we all know, what l try to do is encourage the average modeller to have a go, you will be amazed at what you can do, if it looks right then thats good enough for me...

George..

Evening George

If you keep building things at this rate, you'll catch up with The Baron. :sungum:

Excellent work. :sungum:  :sungum:

Duncan

Hi Duncan, catch me ? he's in a different league now, I just sit with my Flip Flop open and stare at pics all night, dreaming of TLGP

Bodgit :sungum:

Hello Jack, Duncan / Bodgit,   Thanks for the encouragement lads, these buildings are to go along the back of the station which will be coming down a hill from the overbridge into the station, need to build some sort of hotel plus a pub, and also l want the station to be a bus terminus so a few buses with the crews chatting and drinking their tea on breaks.

l don't think l will ever be as fast as Bodgit, mind you having said that l have never known Bodgit to be without a layout, ever, l had a good chat with the Baron this evening and he says he has started to collect NSE stock for a project, whatever that means ?? could be another exhibition plank, who knows hahaha.

George.....

Evening George (and The Baron)

I'm looking forward to seeing the other buildings especially the pub with all the internal detailing. :sungum:  :jester:

You've certainly set the standard for the layout in general. :sungum:  :locomotive:

I have to admit that I want to see TGLP and the other project. :sungum: :sungum:  

Duncan

Morning Lads,  There will be NO internal fittings in any of my buildings Duncan, apart from the curtains etc, as there is just too much to do in all other areas, just don't have the time, its the overall feeling of a southern region seaside terminus is what l am after, and only modelling what you can see..

George....

Morning Jason / Bodgit,   l do find now that l paint and weather the embossed plasticard before the build does make it seem to be quicker, and just having to touch up the stonework at the end, saves having to paint carefully around doors / windows etc.  

l'm not too sure on the design of the pub just yet, need to buy some more plasticard at the weekend...

George........

Hello Mate,  Remember those days well, always something to see at Eastleigh in those days, sadly all gone now,

anyway on a brighter note l have made a start on 'The Artful Bodgit' public house in 'Ashcombe'

post-7716-0-24106300-1390066455_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-78806500-1390066459_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-84962600-1390066463_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-07729400-1390066468_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-13302600-1390066472_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-05342400-1390066476_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-70110100-1390066479_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-97680400-1390066483_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-82900500-1390066487_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-68887900-1390066491_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hello George,

It's been a while since I've scanned through the Layout section - I tend to look at my favourites. Then I discover you're creating another masterpice - this time in 00.

In the absence of a current layout - KL will rise again later this year - I think I'll spend some time looking over your building construction. Very enjoyable and different from the 2mm ply of the last one I studied.

Andy will be well-chuffed with the pub's name!

Jeff

Hello Jeff,  Nice to hear from you again, yes l have decided to put my 0 gauge in the drawer for a while as there is no room for a layout of any use, so l have gone back to my roots with 00,

The building construction differs as l cannot scribe the DAS in 00 its just too small so l have gone back to embossed plasti-card fixed together with MEK-PAK and double-sided tape (to laminate large walls together), also l have loads of off-cuts left over from other projects to use up.

The public house is named after  'Bodgit'  it may well change to  'The Baron' or 'The Baron Bodgit'  but l think 'The Artful Bodgit' suits him better hahaha

George...

• RMweb Premium

George, "The Artful Bodgit" suits him to a T. I'd stick with that one!

I remember you scaring me off the attempt to scribe DAS in 4mm. I made a stone-effect cottage, but bricks? You were right - forget it.

I've got Jason (Sandside) using mounting board and you with plastikard. Gives me quite a choice.

Jeff

George, "The Artful Bodgit" suits him to a T. I'd stick with that one!

I remember you scaring me off the attempt to scribe DAS in 4mm. I made a stone-effect cottage, but bricks? You were right - forget it.

I've got Jason (Sandside) using mounting board and you with plastikard. Gives me quite a choice.

Jeff

It's bad enough scribing them in O gauge!

Paul R

Morning Jeff, Duncan, Paul R, / Andy  Right 'The Artful Bodgit'  it is then, as we all agree it suits him so well (hahahaha), hope to do a lot more to the pub today, then the drinks are on 'Bodgit'

George...

Archived