Wanted: LBSC Coach transfers in 4mm

May I please ask for a spot of help?  I could do with some OO LBSC 1900ish transfers for some 4-wheel coach kits that I am doing as a side project.  Does anyone know where I can get hold of some?  Obviously, correct for the 1870 to 1903 livery would be ideal, but ‘near enough’ might do for me.

The coach kits are from Smallbrook Studios:

http://www.smallbrookstudio.co.uk/#/products-new/4569521214/LBSCR-Four-Coach-Set-of-4-Wheel-Stroudley-Coaches/3738609

I managed to get hold of some car spray paint that looks about the right shade for mahogany.

I am sure that there were changes to the coaches between 1900 and the 1930s, but I thought that they might be a better match for my Hornby LBSC liveried terrier ‘Fulham’ than the Ratio GWR 4-wheelers.  I strongly suspect that they would more likely appear in rakes of 5 rather than 4 during LBSC days.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Hi.....you may have better luck trying to find hens teeth than LBSC transfers, but do not despair I found some eventually and they are excellent.............I will send you the e-mail address of the chap I got them from.............

all the best Dave Brighty

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

My apologies for the great almighty

BUMP

here, but can anyone name the source of the transfers mentioned above? If nobody knows then I'll try and get some done up for myself, and will (of course!) post the file on here.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi there..... if you would like to pm me with your address I have a spare sheet of these transfers which may help you out

Regards....Dave Brighty....

I'm actually now producing card kits for the Brighton Stroudley 4-wheeled coaches. Do you happen to have the details of who was producing these transfers? 

Edited by Skinnylinny
  • Like 1

The chap I got the transfers from was called Eric Gates, I believe something to do with Woodham wagon works, he lives in the Bristol area and I got the transfers about 5 years ago, I am afraid I have no contact details for him......regards....Dave

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I will be adding to the EB Models transfer range with 4mm Marsh loco next, then 7mm Stroudley. If enough want 4mm LBSCR carriage transfers, I could probably add a few down one side of the Marsh loco sheet. I need about 20 confirmations to make it work. Let me know. Artwork is ready. I wasn't going to do 4mm carriage transfers as Eric had only recently sold out.

Cheers, Ian in Blackpool, see the EB Models website.

Me too! Me too! I've been struggling to think of what pre-grouping south coast project to get my teeth into after my return to the hobby.

A nice 4mm scale LBSCR "Balloon" driving trailer, for when the new Terrier comes out.

• RMweb Premium

3! Any more takers?

It isn't worthwhile doing these commercially. 

I could make some here as there is no white involved. I have done this before with very good results.

Probably manage enough for about 10 carriages for a tenner.

What do you think?

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool

• RMweb Premium

Okay, for Stroudley carriages (Red shading), I have managed to get 28 garters; 30 lots of numbers 0 to 9 to go inside the garters; 24 First; 12 Second; 36 Third; 8 Guard; 4 Luggage.

For Billinton (blue shading), I have managed to get18 LB&SCR; 24 lots of numbers 0 to 9; 24 First; 12 Second; 36 Third; 10 Guard; 6 Luggage.

I am printing on waterslide sheet with an inkjet printer. I will spray 4 coats of Dullcoat varnish on the sheets after the ink has dried.

£10 a sheet postage an extra £1 up to 5 sheets.

If anyone would like a sheet, please pm me with your name and address. I will send bank details for a bank transfer.

I am at home for another three days then away for a few days.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by ianmaccormac

• RMweb Premium

Hi Linny

I am using a combination of CMYK colours that Pantone recommend to represent Gold.

Those at the Brighton Circle meeting in March thought my inkjet printed trial sheets were excellent

and looked virtually identical to the professionally printed versions of the transfers I had done for the

Umber Loco livery.

Thanks

Ian

• RMweb Premium

post-2173-0-92126700-1532540120_thumb.jpg

I had time today. This is what I have managed.

Sprayed in Dullcoat and ready to go, apologies for the picture quality, rubbish phone camera or shaky hands?

Cheers

Ian

Edited by ianmaccormac
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just to say that now I am home from my hols, the transfers are ready to go. Tic-toc has just reminded me! Thanks.

If you care to pm me I will give you bank transfer details or sort out another way with you.

Cheers

Ian