D311 BR V188-001 German Epoch III Locomotive

andygif

Hi,  I've got a thread running in the 3d prints section about this already.

But do any of you the German modelling fraternity know if there is a static model in  either 1:148 or 1:144 in existence, yes i know a working model exists in 1:160.

Failing that can one of you point me a place i can find a decent set of drawing to work from so i can have a bash at making my own.

Cheers

Andy

The only drawing and technical description that I know are in the book 'Diesellokarchiv' from Transpress (a GDR publisher), also published by Alba in the West under the name 'Diesellokomotiven deutscher Eisenbahnen'. You could try the 'Eisenbahnkurier' website to see if they have any books or mags on the V 188. If you would like a scan of the relevant chapter of 'Diesellokarchiv' let me know.

Thanks for the info, the books out of print apparently, tho amazon has a used one on sale for £53.

Have found a a German forum site with a very busy line drawing I should be able to work from, its a few years old, the guy was making a 1:25 ultra detailed set. It just stopped being update mid engine build, which was a shame.

Google auto translate is a big help, but some of the stuff it comes out with makes me laugh as that cant be the original meaning in the native language.

Archived