printed circuit board

sej

Thankyou all for your helpful suggestions, particularly regarding the toxicity of the stuff. I had wondered...

I think in future I'm going to hunt out a selection of pre-cut bits and pieces!

Cheers

Simon

You didn't actually say what type of PCB material you are using (or what it's for).

Assuming it is for sleepering, fibre glass (FR4) material is much stronger (and better) than SRBP.

I use a Proxxon KS230 table saw with a diamond coated blade, 702073.

Thanks Gordon, I use double-sided PCB (about 1mm thick) as bus-bars for "back-scratcher" pick-ups. They tend to need to be quite narrow and of varying lengths to fit. PCB sleepering could well be the answer!

Cheers

Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi, I may be able to help if you are looking for the PCB to be cut into strips rather like sleepering/point timbering.

What type of PCB do you have - for cutting preference the resin bonded (brown) type is easier to handle than fibreglass although I can handle the latter. 

In my workshop I have a shear press which will cut the material without problem in straight lines up to 300mm long.

I often cut point timbering for myself on the shear press and also small boards for etching PCB's for electronic circuits.

Please note that this is in my model railway/model engineering workshop as I'm a modeller myself.

If I can be of any help please let me know - my offer is open to others as well who might need PCB cut for electronic projects or loco chassis pickup plates as yourself.

If the person covers the carriage cost both ways (or it might be possible to visit my workshop with the material) I'm more than happy to do the work for nothing to help a fellow modeller.

Regards,

Robbie

Archived