Lidl display cabinets now on sale

• RMweb Premium

The cabinets do come with a three year warranty, so one would assume spares are a consideration for the supplier and manufacturer?

Not to condone fraud either, but if someone was to buy more of these it’s easy to imagine how one could swap hinges and claim the new (old) ones under warranty, if not the whole cabinet infact.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have two of the small ones, unbuilt and unopened. Having purchased them I realised that I had no suitable wall to hang them on. The walls in my house are either not able to take the weight or the cabinets (and contents) or would be in direct sunlight. Reading the above it appears that the larger cabinets can be floor standing so I intend to buy a couple of those. I have a friend who wants a couple of the smaller cabinets so disposing of the ones I have is not a problem. 

Edited by PhilJ W

Realised today the key to the one I bought a few years was missing from its normal hiding place - a rummage through the spare keys has failed to find any that fit. There are two which I am 99% certain are the spares so before I attack the lock with WD40 can someone confirm what the key looks like. The ones I am certain are the right ones are 47mm long with a round end and the keyed section 24mm long and there are no markings on them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

Realised today the key to the one I bought a few years was missing from its normal hiding place - a rummage through the spare keys has failed to find any that fit. There are two which I am 99% certain are the spares so before I attack the lock with WD40 can someone confirm what the key looks like. The ones I am certain are the right ones are 47mm long with a round end and the keyed section 24mm long and there are no markings on them.

Here you go

HTH

DSC02817.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

Um.. don't seem to have any looking like that - looks like a major search is needed...

Do you know anyone else who has these so you can borrow a key, I have 5 (bought at different times) and they all use the same key.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, royaloak said:

Do you know anyone else who has these so you can borrow a key, I have 5 (bought at different times) and they all use the same key.

Or, as a last resort, you can get get keys cut from just a photo (I've bought a car key that way and it worked fine) , so could try that with Tractor's key photo above.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Butler Henderson said:

Thanks for the comments but have found them, quite why I left them both on the same ring is beyond me but now they are separated.

That’s a shame, I hope they manage to work things out....

• Funny 5

• 4 weeks later...