Lidl display cabinets now on sale

• RMweb Premium

Not sure about the UK but Lidl in Germany and Lidl in France would tranship from one store to another if they ran out of stock and another still had some of their WIGIGs*.

WIGIG = when it's gone it's gone.

EDIT: to make clear. The stores will do this on request. So if you ask for a display cabinet and they have none, they will tranship one for you (if available).

Edited by Andy Hayter
  • Like 1

One large and three or four small left in the Lidl store on Halifax Road, Sheffield.

I've noticed quite a few people who would have turned up their noses at Lidl before the economic slump have suddenly "discovered" the store. What irks me is that if you're an old customer like me, you don't now "feel the benefit" in the same way as that lot do!

Thanks for the advice, but I think Alness is some 315 miles from West Cumbria - if I found the correct Alness near the Cromarty Firth!

Happened to be in Alness today and popped into Lidl hoping they would still be there and in their reduced section - no sign of any left.  Lots of rigs in the Cromarty Forth tonight looking like large floating Christmas trees.

Happy New Year.

These products have been on sale in Lidl before. Last time I didn't bother as I couldn't determine how big they'd be (about 6 months or so ago I guess); this time, all on here mentioned how good they were (well, most did... there's always those of the Andy Parsons view "Lidl, because life didn't go they way you planned)... so I bought one of the small ones. It's doing a fine job of displaying my modified stock, along with three Star Trek models and a 1:72 Eagle Transporter on its top.... The point is, they'll be back in stores sooner or later; give it a few months and there will undoubtedly be a second chance for those who feel they've missed out.

J

Possibly more like 12 months, they had them around the same time in 2012 and I do not recall them since. Offers do however differ in some stores, with the larger ones having more stuff. Manuals etc are available on Lidls web site, note there are a number of very similar cabinets

http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/SID-0E7AB306-D85B377C/lsp/hs.xsl/searchpage.html?action=search&searchType=search1&searchText=display+cabinet&x=27&y=-226

Edited by Butler Henderson

I cannot access the information. I think I am supposed to get to the Lidl web site, then choose a store and then select Great Gift Ideas. Unfortunately there is no Great Gift Ideas to click on to at my local store in Poole.

The Great Gift Offers disappeared off the web site a few weeks ago, there are new offers, usually every Monday and Thursday and at present its those for today, Thursday and next Monday showing. Todays will get replaced by those for a week on Thursday in a few days time and so on.

Got the very last small cabinet from Derby Road Lidl. No sign of larger ones. Assembled quickly, and it looks pretty good (though I had hell of a job drilling into the brick that this 1920s house is made of to fasten it on the wall). A very nice little cabinet, with room enough for an assortment of 18 Bachmann coaches.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Both large and small display cabinets will be available at Lidl from Thursday 18th December again this year according to their latest brochure.  The price doesn't appear to have risen - still 2 large ones for £100.

Looks like an early morning rise for me on Thursday now I have my log cabin ordered.