Hornsey Broadway

Wibble

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Super stuff Wibble. In 1970 I was 14, lived in Mill Hill and took the 221 to Edgware on my way to school. Much of my mother's family lived in Tottenham so trips across North London via Finchley, Muswell Hill and so on were very much part of my youth - including roller skating at Ally Pally. A couple of years later, the Led Zeppelin concert there was another highlight but that's another story.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifhornsey_carsales02.jpg

A glimpse of 6728 heading north with a tank train from Ripple Lane. It's a bit too cold out there today for ice creams!

Wishing you all the best for 2018.

Aside from the outstanding level of modelling, this image also shows an eye for a fantastic image. This is a photograph of an urban ladscape......with a train in it, and, if you happened to be an Ice Cream van enthusiast, it's an urban landscape with an Ice Cream van in it.

You have a eye for a composition, sir. Keep it up and keep sharing, please.

• Like 1

I have followed Hornsea Broadway for a few years now on EM gauge 70s , I must say that along with Widenshaw (also by Wibble) that it is one of the most inspiring layouts I have seen. I was fortunate to see it at the Shipley show a little while ago.

In particular I love the way the buildings rise up and avoid the need for a backscene. I also love the weathing and everyday feel to not only the trains but the surroundings.

EM gauge 70s has been a great inspiration to me since rediscovering the hoby around 10 years ago. I have been very fortunate to have some very in depth conversations with Wibble and also others from EM Gauge 70's at exhibitions . If anyone here has not looked through the website then it is really is worth a visit,althugh it could take a good few days to disgeset it all.

Also, in case anyone has not seen Shenstone Road also from EM gauge 70's there is a thread on RMweb at:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85490-on-shenston-road-a-few-bevs-and-a-western-chieftain/

Thnak you for sharing the layout here on RMweb as well, but mostly thank you for giving such inpiration.

Jamie

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I had just posted this image on another thread and thought I'd put it here too.

hornsey_class23xxx.jpg

A Brush prototype that wasn't seen very often, but did make it out on a few occasions during the early 1970s.

We're looking forward to taking the layout to Railex 2018 on the 26th & 27th of May in Aylesbury, and catching up with you all. There's still a lot more detail work to do, but when is a layout ever finished? Paul's been busy finishing off the signal box with all its interior detail, and the last bracket signal too, so a big thanks to him and to Pete Johnson for the London Transport station building.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I had just posted this image on another thread and thought I'd put it here too.

hornsey_class23xxx.jpg

A Brush prototype that wasn't seen very often, but did make it out on a few occasions during the early 1970s.

We're looking forward to taking the layout to Railex 2018 on the 26th & 27th of May in Aylesbury, and catching up with you all. There's still a lot more detail work to do, but when is a layout ever finished? Paul's been busy finishing off the signal box with all its interior detail, and the last bracket signal too, so a big thanks to him and to Pete Johnson for the London Transport station building.

Is his name Ivor?