HSB in the Süd Harz HOm - Calne April 2024.

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Another small addition to the collection. The HSB baggage van.

It comes with NEM pockets which just swap with the hook and loop ones. There are also fine bufferbeam details if you don't need working couplings.

post-6968-0-20484700-1421755430.jpg

post-6968-0-43523100-1421755441.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The newer 0-6-0 99-6101 has been released with sound so I asked Tillig if the decoder was available to upgrade my initial release of 6102.

Within the week I got a reply in English :) my google translated question must have given me away ;)

This came with an attached PDF including pictures of how to do it.

Well done Tillig, excellent response :)

"BR 99 Sound Installation:

The locomotive is prepared for the installation of a decoder of the ESU.

Decoder: LokSound micro V4.0 Next 18, Article No .: 54898 ESU

As a speaker, a speaker company TILLIG Model Railroad GmbH

Art.Nr .: 66051 (2 pieces, LxWxH 15x11x3,5 with scarf capsule 15x11x7 mm

Impedance: 8 ohms)

or another be used in the cab roof matching speakers.

Note the impedance of the speakers: 4 or 8 Ohm

"

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

When at the Dortmund InterModellbau last year I stopped by the Tillig stand and had a long and interesting conversation with the guy on the stand - he spoke impeccable English.

Ended up buying some Harz HOm coaches on the stand and was able to use my new Post Office Eurocard to pay in Euros - they were the only stand I visited who were able to process the card. Most impressed. 

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So what loco did you get to go with the coaches? ;) I've just ordered another 4 coaches.

Planning is now well advanced for the HOm Sud Harz so I may just add it into here to tempt you further and Ian ;)

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

Back in September last year I pre-ordered Tillig 92600 DR #6101 which, at that time, was shown as dcc-fitted but now seems to have morphed into a sound model. A number of coaches etc. ordered at the same time have arrived so, hopefully, the sound-fitted 6101 will show up in due course. Looking at the Tillig website 6101 is shown as "nicht verfugbar" (which, hopefully, does not mean "ausverlieft") .

Years ago I did buy some DR/HSB HOm locos at the touristy shop adjacent to the booking hall of the DB Wernigerode Station which has now disappeared. One of the locos I got was a 2-10-2T but it could not pull the skin off a rice pudding. I think they may have been made by KeHi.

The Tillig 2-10-2Ts are showing on the Tillig 2015 New Releases at a price of Euros 399.00 (against Euros 365 for the sound-fitted 6101) but no reference is made of a dcc or sound-fitted 2-10-2T. Fingers crossed that Tillig decide to do a sound version.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Here's the 2015 releases pdf

http://tillig.com/dateien/Unternehmen/LogIn%20Fachhändler/Prospekte/TILLIG%20Schmalspur-Neuheiten%202015-UVP.pdf

Two versions of the 2-10-2, DR and under the HSB. One thing to be careful of is there are two distinct variants with the boiler top fittings when renumbering, (plus no doubt a fair few unique features).

The details don't specify sound but it's a big jump up so suspect they might well be, much like 6101, we will see. Regardless they are fitted for simple insertion of loksound micro NEXT 18 plug chips and Tillig do a speaker kit that fits these. I picked up the speaker and decoder from Modelbahnshoplippe for roughly 85 Euro :)

I will be getting the HSB vesrion but will probably have one of the DR as they do number them back for photo charters etc.

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well I may have paid a bit much but from my research the kit goes for only a little less than I paid so I'm happy. Certainly I'd have paid a lot more than I did for a professional job to this standard :)
It includes HSB transfers too and I just need to regauge the wheels and paint the roof to complete it.

updated: no need to regauge wheels as the Bemo ones just drop in, just need to fashion a coupling to save cutting off the scale one, probably just solder some wire to the bottom to allow the knuckle to hook on.

Speith Modellbau
post-6968-0-98291100-1422647275.jpg

post-6968-0-52458600-1422647293.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

The decoder arrived for 6102.
All you have to do is undo two screws and lift off the cab and tanks. Remove the blanking plug and simply pressed in the 'next18' version micro using the wooden end of a paintbrush to avoid any static issues. Then I soldered on the two wires to the contacts in the rear of the circuit board as the Tillig PDF and put the clear reverberator onto the speaker. I attached the speaker to the top of the cab roof as there is nowhere else it will fit, so you can see the clear plastic sound chamber, with foam tape to stop vibration. Clip it back together and that's it. The tiny speaker is a bit fiddly to attach with its spring terminals but you can fit sound in less than 30 minutes. I forgot to photograph it in bits but I'll post the Tillig PDF as I've merged the translated text and pictures they sent me. Similar speakers are sold for Zimo decoders in the uk but the Tillig pack does have the clear plastic resonator making it less noticeable.

Pictures from the Tillig pdf and an excellent example of a manufacturer's good design meaning such a brief 1 page guide tells you everything you need.

post-6968-0-09438400-1423474781.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Got a couple of these on Shapeways, the bogies are solid but I'm going to experiment with using it as a four wheel truck with dummy outside axles with the flanges ground off. If that doesn't work I'll lay them up in a siding as 'scenery' ;)

post-6968-0-17790700-1424116854.jpg

And a couple of Roco hoppers as loads

post-6968-0-28715000-1424116864.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All you have to do is undo two screws and lift off the cab and tanks. Remove the blanking plug and simply pressed in the 'next18' version micro using the wooden end of a paintbrush to avoid any static issues. Then I soldered on the two wires to the contacts in the rear of the circuit board as the Tillig PDF and put the clear reverberator onto the speaker. I attached the speaker to the top of the cab roof as there is nowhere else it will fit, so you can see the clear plastic sound chamber, with foam tape to stop vibration. Clip it back together and that's it. The tiny speaker is a bit fiddly to attach with its spring terminals but you can fit sound in less than 30 minutes. I forgot to photograph it in bits but I'll post the Tillig PDF as I've merged the translated text and pictures they sent me. Similar speakers are sold for Zimo decoders in the uk but the Tillig pack does have the clear plastic resonator making it less noticeable.

Pictures from the Tillig pdf and an excellent example of a manufacturer's good design meaning such a brief 1 page guide tells you everything you need.

attachicon.giftillig 6102 sound.JPG

attachicon.giftillig 6102 sound.JPG

Did you get the sound chip with the sound on it? I've just asked modelbahnshoplippe and they say you can't buy a sound chip for this loco.

• RMweb Gold

No it came with the br199 diesel sound on it, I re-wrote it from my lokprogrammer. Dealers like South West Digital should be able to do it as they are an ESU agent but you may have to special order the chip. I saved a few pounds buying it from abroad and you could try one of the German agents to see if they would do it too.

Edited by PaulRhB

No 'reply quoting this post' today ?

Must admit for some locos, I use Wikipedia to research the engine type and then pick an ESU (other sites may be available!) to match the sounds approximately.  As we constantly say, I am only doing this for fun  !! :jester:

Editing doesn't work either !!!!!

Edited by RhBBob

Had a look at the tillig stand at intermodellbau, the HOe version of 6101 (numbered 99 4101) is due out in June or thereabouts. I guess the sound option will be the same for this loco.

Also they had a pre production model of the big 2-10-2. It looked bloody impressive. Its listed as the 99 23-24 version and is due out at the end of the year. HSB coaches were also available at 72euros a pair.

I can feel my model of Drei Annen Honen is getting nearer...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You can find the pairs of coaches for around 58€ ;) I've had sets from a German chap hr4920 on eBay for that. He stocks them now and again but worth watching for.

The one in the CM review of the fair looked like the test printed body on the TT 2-10-2 chassis, (too many spokes but I guess they will use new centres for the HOm one), That was the way I was going to model it when they announced the range. I still have a Shapeways 3D print body so it will lurk in a shed pretending to be one undergoing maintenance :)

There seem to be two basic types of the production batch discerned by the boiler fittings and numerous minor details on each they vary. Then there's the prototype 7222. The easy way to tell the prototype from production at a distance is the tank and bunker side steps or the open or plated frame just below the smokebox. Yes I know pedantry, but I was renumbering a G scale one and wondering exactly what the defining features were ;)

Paul, where did you get the chip from? Is it an official Tillig one? I see they are doing 6101 with sound fitted. I plan on getting the HOe version, do you think they will produce the chip with steam sounds as a separate item? I think the body is identical to the HOm version so the chip n speaker should fit.

• RMweb Gold

I got mine from MODELBAHNLIPPE and the speaker set too. I'm fairly sure I wrote the br99 schmalspur sound to it though I have used the br91 on other small locos just so it sounds different.

• 4 weeks later...

Paul, like your Fifi on the RHB. Makes me wish I never sold my RHB Layout.mbut needed to downsize a bit before a move. You exhibition concepts are interesting. Couple of questions.

What did you use to create the Drawings?

Also as I am pretty new to RM Webb, is posting Pictures now as easy as G Central?

JonD

• RMweb Gold

What did you use to create the Drawings?

Also as I am pretty new to RM Webb, is posting Pictures now as easy as G Central?

JonD

Hi Jon :)

The drawings are done in WORD just quick doodles using the various drawing shapes as it allows me to quickly change and do various versions to compare. Open the drawing toolbar and have a play though it's much easier on Word before the 2007 version where it tries to be helpful and lost a lot of its customisation options.

Re- posting pics click on the reply with attachments bit at the bottom then underneath the text area at the bottom of each page view you'll see a attach image option. Keep them around 200-250kb. Select and upload and it appears in a blue bar, put the cursor in the right place in the text by clicking then use the mouse to hit 'add to post'.

On iPhone or tablet you'll need to select 'full version' view down the bottom if you're using mobile view.

Edited by PaulRhB

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

Many thanks for the update. This H0m Harz stuff is sooo evocative. Like you I feel another layout coming on. But with my Coal Mine Railway and Harz in the Garden do I really need another? Time will tell, but with the Space I have in my Workshop where the Coal Mine Railway sits, I could have done a good representation of either Magdesprung or Alexisbad. Hm wish I had made things more portable now. But concentrating on just one line does get things done!

Love the Vids, particularly the Selketalbahn one with Mallets taken in the Bad Old Days with some Mixed Trains and my beloved sets of 2 Coaches with a Red van sandwiched between.

JonD

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, the shop alongside the Tillig factory (not theirs, the one just up the road) was selling one of the HSB 0-6-0Ts (99 6101?) at Euros 169.95 when I was there last week, don't know if that's a good price bearing in mind Euro/GBP exchange rate...

Edited by Hobby

• RMweb Gold

Yes for the non sound version that's pretty much what I'd expect, I use modellbahnshop lippe and that's E172 but I get a discount on the loyalty scheme which brings it just below the price you saw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I saw this on the Tillig site http://www.tillig.com/Produkte/produktinfo-501303.html and despite being a fantasy livery thought it looked quite good as a unique advertising livery for my Sud Harz line.

post-6968-0-18874600-1435603205_thumb.jpg

Finding one took quite some time as they are few and far between and seem to command optimistic prices from some. I finally found one on Amazon.de at a sensible price and ordered it. It got lost in the post! So thanks to two great people at the shop involved they found another they dug up from another branch and sent it on express post. Now it runs ok but they offer a set to upgrade it to run better and adapt to NEM pockets so I ordered that up making it a little more than the standard coach but a bit different and genuinely rare ;)

So when this set turns up later this week I should be able to upgrade it in a few minutes to match the rest of the stock. http://www.tillig.com/Produkte/produktinfo-08892.html

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've not seen one of the 6101's yet, I've sound fitted my 6102 but not sure what sound file Tillig are using for it so mine may sound different.

Very tempting but I don't really need both the 0-6-0's do I ? . . . Don't need but . . . ;)