HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Ok folks now we need to think about soundfiles that fit as there isn't yet a HSB 2-10-2 file for loksound,I'm thinking this is pretty darn close, BR01.10, should be second one down.

http://projects.esu.eu/projectoverviews/search?cat=1&q=br+44+kohle

compare to the sound over the opening titles on this clip

https://youtu.be/5FgPlvO1Ur8

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Now with Shepton approaching and the 2-10-2's turning up I contemplated how similar they look and that one of my friends has real problems with seeing small details, they all look so similar!

So a spotters guide I've created to stick to the back of the layout to tell which loco is which. I could go into details as they are three basic variations but I needed easy features on the models released so far.

post-6968-0-47040300-1482888558.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Here's a production Brockenlok next to 222 the original, on the right.

post-6968-0-08230600-1482890464_thumb.jpg

This is the production loco, there are various differences seen in photo over the years and I suspect some of the mothballed locos may retain differences but on the whole they seem to have standardised most fittings now.

The main recognition features are the large square feedwater heater covers on the top of the smokebox, the Bar between the cylinder and Motion bracket being outboard of the motion and two steps on the tank side in front of the cab.

post-6968-0-04442700-1482890482_thumb.jpg

Now 99 222, the only survivor of the original 3 (the other two shipped to Norway in WW2 and scrapped there). Since the HSB took over she has been backdated to original appearance so the big square cover has gone with the round cylinder of the feedwater heater on show on top of the Smokebox. The bar between cylinder and motion bracket is inboard of the motion, (this isn't correct on the images released of the model so it will be interesting to see if the chassis is modified). 222 also has three steps ahead of the cab on the tank sides. The large air cylinder under the smokebox is another obvious feature.

On top of all this she is just under 3ft shorter than the production batch.

post-6968-0-58594400-1482890497_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 8

Number details added

https://www.tillig.com/Nenngroesse_H0m_Lokomotiven.html

DR version

attachicon.gif02925-HM1.jpg

HSB version

attachicon.gif02926-HM1.jpg

I have side ways on photo of 99 7237 if you would me to post it here? For more photos of the Harz locos click on my Flickr link and go to the Harz in Albums.

Dave

Edited by kada33

• RMweb Gold

I have side ways on photo of 99 7237 if you would me to post it here? For more photos of the Harz locos click on my Flickr link and go to the Harz in Albums.

Dave

I don't think more photos of HSB locos will hurt Dave, feel free ;)

• Like 1

I don't think more photos of HSB locos will hurt Dave, feel free ;)

Thanks Paul

This was taken whilst on holiday in June this year. The loco was being prepared for the 1pm train from Gernrode to Alexisbad. I also have the summer timetable with this loco pictured on the front.

post-13060-0-88815800-1483021266_thumb.jpg

Here's the link to my photos taken at Gernrode this June. https://www.flickr.com/photos/114678104@N04/albums/72157669271219042

Dave

Edited by kada33
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Dave, some nice ones to add to the detail file there. The open wagon looks like the bicycle carrier, it'd be a bit brutal to ride in that one with all the frames around ;) There are a couple of bogie opens with seats though.

Excellent pictures, it's just a shame that our auto correct changes Brocken to broken! Made me smile!

I must go back during the winter months for some steam and snowy scenery.

The other year I got a copy of "Nacht Zug" with some very interesting night photos taken on the HSB. Book has German text.

Edited by AMJ

• RMweb Gold

Work and lurgy meant nothing done for a couple of weeks so I better get on with it!
Station boards up and cork down. Holes for magnets and hopefully a smattering of track tomorrow.
post-6968-0-98484100-1483373615.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 3