HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

This is how the modules could, but probably never will, fit into the main layout. They are more likely to join it if it gets a permanent home setup one day ;) 

HOm HSB

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve been adding bushes and other more subtle vegetation plus started the Stoberhai Bahnhof. It’s based on the front half of the building using bits left over from the kits used to make the main layout stations. I’ve used kit windows so they aren’t exact but capture the general shape and flavour of the real thing. As both have been modified with different windows and lean to’s since the 60’s they’ve changed quite a bit in reality too. 

HOm HSB modules

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 12

Blimey @PaulRhB you're fairly rattling on with that.

I'm still at Track laying stage on Rennsteig, mind you I did have to order more track from Modelbahnshoppe Elriwa, whcih arrived within 3 days, not bad from Germany.

Cheers

Neal.

• RMweb Gold

I ran into a minor problem due to my decision to side mount the point motors. As the wire moves the side mounting turns the movement into an arc that is higher one end than the other, (vertically mounted it is highest in the middle). I thought I had enough clearance in the highest position but the 0-6-0’s chassis hit the wire protruding, if I cut it down any more it drops out of the point tiebar at the lowest point of the throw!

HOm HSB modules

So I came up with this, a 1mm tube with a brass wire soldered in the end by about 2mm. I chopped off the motor wire so it cleared the tiebar and the inset wire at it’s highest point. 

HOm HSB modules

Now the operating wire can slide up and down in the tube. 

HOm HSB modules

The tube is secured to the tiebar simply by bending over the end of the inset wire. 

HOm HSB modules

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

All ready for a show... err hmmm:mellow:

;) all ready for the mallets although I think they’re going to come with a fat tax bill attached as they are late! :( 

5 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

I do like the temporary end stops.

Ta, they’d been sat on the bookcase for ages looking for a purpose! 

• Like 1

Looks fabulous Paul, can't wait to see it in the flesh sometime soon, maybe........

Where did you get your trees from?? As I think I'm going to need lots for Rennsteig, although it's TT I reckon HO ones will look right as trees are various heights anyway.

Cheers

Neal.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/10/2020 at 09:14, Calnefoxile said:

Where did you get your trees from??

The bottle brush ones are from Busch 20cm and Gaugemaster 5-15cm (which I think are rebadged Noch products) 

On the main layout I also had Busch G scale ‘bottle brush’ trees off my RhB layout of 30-35cm, (they were £5 back then but around £11-12 now),  and then there are the ones with the long trunks from Heki and Busch. 
These are the codes from my build file. 
CC54C96F-710D-4C64-AF24-A7686B8320CB.jpeg.a24fe58a2e7a6ac2f1b91f9a14dc9d60.jpeg

I used modelscene sk250 trees on the modules, 10 cost £50, but they add a bit of height and are bulked out by the cheaper multipack trees. 
C01B9507-BDC8-43C6-BD5D-6A9290EFD107.jpeg.eff40df568748a5acd7c13ad6bf09b8f.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A little snippet of HSB history ;) 

Linked image to Alamy site copyright 

test-drive-of-the-rocket-car-rak-2-1928-

The rocket railcar Rak 2 on the HalberStadt-BIankenburg Railway.    Video of its predecessor, 210 km h had been reached on 26 June 1928 between Stiege and Eisfelder Talmühle. The rocket engines came from Silberhütte ammunition factory on the Selketal.   https://www.criticalpast.com/de/video/65675024381_Raketentechnik_Eisfeld-Valier-Rak-1Auto_Test-auf-Schmalspurbahn_Friedrichshohe-Deutschland_Stiege-Deutschland

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2