HSB in the Süd Harz HOm - Calne April 2024.

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to seeing this at some point if I get south of Sheffield.

No doubt the bigger layout will make trips North eventually I'll get this but done and some photos then set my next deadline by popping off the info to Warley which should give me around three years ;) Lulworth is booked for 2018 so after that would be safe.

• RMweb Gold

Each of the three sections could be exhibited or set up and run at home. It will require my friends barn, hiring a hall or a show to put the whole lot together though as drawn on here. But I could make temporary minimal bridge boards and set up at home between two rooms ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pushing coaches around testing magnets, just waiting for posty to deliver the engine shed so I can fix down the shed tracks.

post-6968-0-51664300-1455706431_thumb.jpg

Posty bang on time as usual and in go the shed roads

post-6968-0-77489600-1455725627_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Couple of things done today, the control panel for the tablet I use to control the points with the Z21. I've uploaded it and added all the points and routes. It works like a simple NX panel and you find the route from the coloured dot to the same colour arrow and press the route button next to the relevant arrow :)

post-6968-0-49437700-1455826538_thumb.jpg

Plus the 11ft backscene arrived :)

post-6968-0-06891800-1455826559_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Ok the slow development of the diagram has reached what I hope is the final version after feedback from friends. They were finding it difficult to see the smaller arrows so I've increased the dots that start a route and put large coloured bands around where the buttons go

Here's the diagram

post-6968-0-74793700-1456051083_thumb.jpg

And with the buttons and points overlaid on a tablet screen.

post-6968-0-12460400-1456051099_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Had a wee plaay with 4101 on the rollers today. I am VERY impressed! It's got a loksound v4 in it and move functions than my poor wee multimaus can handle. The whistle has a really nice echo, like it's bouncing off the valley walls and the chuffs work very well, though they do get a bit cut off at higher speeds but that can't be helped.

Lastly praise for Modellbahnshoppe-Lippe. It came in on Friday, they posted if on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. Can't fault them. They even matched the reduced price it was reserved at!

Anyway hijack over, back to Braunlage. (I've stayed there on holiday before, very handy for Drei Annen Honen)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Progress on the buildings so I can start to position them and then do the ground cover.

Here's the platform side that the operators will see.

post-6968-0-02462700-1457134596_thumb.jpg

And the entrance that will be on the public side, still windows and details to add.

post-6968-0-85837100-1457134612_thumb.jpg

And the loco shed

post-6968-0-91227200-1457134626_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

No the plastic ones are cleaning up ok. There's a few with ejector pin marks on the front though! Takes a lot of work with a scalpel to clean them up and as they are the roof lights it's noticeable.

These are Kibri kits just repainted and lightly detailed. The concrete feet on the goods shed end supports are actually Merit lamp glasses from the bits box.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Track weathered, old airbrush pretty much knackered but coaxed it along but I don't think I've much chance of blending in the ballast with it so time to get the new one I've been fancying for a while. Pleasant job for tomorrow will be to go and talk airbrushes with the friendly local modelshop and order one :)

Blummin cold with the windows open to ventilate it though!

• RMweb Premium

If upgrading your airbrush, you should definitely go for a top loading, dual action one. You press down to control the air, and pull back to start the paint flowing. A little practice and you will find it so easy and precise.

Ian Morgan

Hampshire

• RMweb Gold

If upgrading your airbrush, you should definitely go for a top loading, dual action one. You press down to control the air, and pull back to start the paint flowing. A little practice and you will find it so easy and precise.

Ian Morgan

Hampshire

Yes it will be another dual action as they are so much more versatile. I'm pretty set on an Iwata but not decided which one yet.

• RMweb Gold

Check the platform lengths required by playing trains ;)

post-6968-0-48202200-1457542914_thumb.jpg

Make up a couple of gauges so the clearances are ok

post-6968-0-26962400-1457542924_thumb.jpg

Carving out the ramps for passengers and wheelchair access.

post-6968-0-86566100-1457542935_thumb.jpg

Basic platforms in. The wood strip is 4mm tall and clamps the platform edging in place, there's also a card spacer between the platform edge pieces so the wood doesn't go too far down and bow.

post-6968-0-28585100-1457542947_thumb.jpg

• Like 10