HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Couple of videos from NG South today. Still a lot of detailing to do and a few running issues to sort out but it ran better as the day went on so I think part of it was the grot from weathering on the insides of the railheads.

I've decided to letter up the diesel push pull set for the Wurmberg resort so a bit of graphic design to try out on that, I'll leave the livery intact just add some new lettering.

And a longer one

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ian, it definitely made me want to build the first forest section so there's somewhere to really stretch their legs. Roll on the 2-10-2's!

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well I saw it in the flesh today and have to say it is very impressive, especially considering the short time it took to build. My layouts take me years. I have some Tillig HOm equipment I was collecting which has been in a box in a loft for nearly 10 years. I really must find it and build a layout for it now that you have inspired me.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well I saw it in the flesh today and have to say it is very impressive, especially considering the short time it took to build. My layouts take me years. I have some Tillig HOm equipment I was collecting which has been in a box in a loft for nearly 10 years. I really must find it and build a layout for it now that you have inspired me.

Build it to the same height as Paul's.

This could be Freemo HartzBahn

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My layouts take me years. I have some Tillig HOm equipment I was collecting which has been in a box in a loft for nearly 10 years.

Well my last HOm layout took ten years and remember this is part one so not a complete layout . . . Yet!

Don't worry the rest won't happen in the next four months, part two is pencilled in for one years time.

• RMweb Gold

A few photos from Saturday

post-6968-0-89103800-1460368019_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-98150000-1460368072_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-26444200-1460368075_thumb.jpg

Modern container traffic for Braunlage and some continues to Wurmberg.

post-6968-0-08138100-1460368077_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-49717600-1460368079_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-88315900-1460368081_thumb.jpg

The Wurmberg resort shuttle and the heritage coaching stock.

post-6968-0-50813800-1460368092_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-88384500-1460368094_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-23598300-1460368097_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-82753100-1460368099_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-53533100-1460368102_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Paul,

just found this:

https://suedharzeisenbahn.blogspot.de/

Kind regards

Soeren

Looks very interesting. Do you know what scale this is, it seems larger than 1:87.

I notice that he has photos of British layouts on his computer screen, including one (I think) of Stoke Summit?

• RMweb Gold

Paul, look better, it says 1:22.5 on the image of the header ;)

I think you mean CK ;)

Yes Tim it's G although he looks to be scratchbuilding everything rather than cheating and just importing HSB modern stock like I did in G and now HOm.

I like the mix on the modern Harz and I'm pushing it a bit further with container traffic too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have used Tillig TT scale track and its lasted for 10 years on our exhibition layout.

However the plastic check rails do have a habit of sliding out of the chairs if not stuck in place with superglue especially when cleaning track. I have lost one or two but a length of rail cut to shape will slide in the chairs.

The biggest weakness is the tie bar which is very flimsy but this is easily replaced with copper clad paxalon sleeper strip. Despite these issues I would readily use Tillig TT sclae track again..

However I have not used any of other gauge track of theirs.

• RMweb Gold

Paul, have you used Tillig track on the layout, please?

Most of the track products on their website seem to 'ready ballasted', although there are some ordinary points etc. towards the end.

It's all Peco on mine simply because I find the Tillig points very delicate and they need the tie bars replacing with copperclad drilled for pins for pivots for long term reliability.

I use the ready ballasted stuff as a test track and as a temporary fiddle yard as the main project is still growing.

• RMweb Gold

I see from the Tillig website that a pre-production sample of the 2-10-2Ts has been posted up, with a RRP of 419 Euros!

Yep they given it a lick of paint but still the TT chassis ;)

I'm expecting shops to have it around £290 which is comparable to the Bemo 2-8-0 ten years ago and half the price of their metal collection locos.

Mind you there's always the G scale one for £1200+ ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Yep they given it a lick of paint but still the TT chassis ;)

I'm expecting shops to have it around £290 which is comparable to the Bemo 2-8-0 ten years ago and half the price of their metal collection locos.

Mind you there's always the G scale one for £1200+ ;)

Paul,

You have certainly created a superb Look and Feel of the Harz. As there would appear to be a great love for the Harz here on RM, I hope you do not mind my hijacking your thread with a few pics of my Garden Railway. The first two show my weathered LGB 2-10-2.

post-12277-0-80095900-1465800480.jpeg

post-12277-0-53258800-1465800496.jpeg

The next two show the Train Line Mallets passing at my Magdesprung Station.

post-12277-0-74521900-1465800519.jpeg

Sady did not manage to see your super line at the recent Shows, but no doubt I will run into you and the layout at a Show sometime soon.

JonD

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Jon, you're always welcome ;)

Nothing in the pipeline this year Jon but possibly 4 shows next year subject to final confirmation. ( there's also one booked for 2019! )

Feb - Eurotrack TBC

March - Wimborne

Apr - Rotorail Fareham

Sept - Euro Rly Assoc Birmingham TBC

• Like 1