Kernow Model Rail Shop

37pits

• RMweb Gold

Kernow are offering double loyalty points on purchases [in stock ]made until January 5th 2018 and overseas purchasers are now also entitled to these points too.

Yipee I spent a few bob in the shop Christmas eve.

• 4 weeks later...

First order from Kernow arrived this morning - as everyone says, very speedy service. The order was dispatched in under an hour from delivery and arrived around 20 hours later. It was well packed (interesting to see the recycling of a Airfix catalogue!) so everything is in order. 

Sadly no signed receipt as they seemed to have moved to printed e-commerce printouts instead of till receipts. I can't blame them as I write and e-commerce system for a living so it makes more logistical sense!

I'll have to see if I can 'engineer' a slight diversion through Camborne next time we go on holiday to St Ives.

Postie let me down on my order last week as the typical next day delivery (without paying for it) failed to materialise - despatched on Monday, arrived Tuesday, no, Wednesday, no, Thursday, yes. Suppose their was possible delays due to the weather. Mine had padding from pages torn out of the 2016 Hornby Handbook.

Postie let me down on my order last week as the typical next day delivery (without paying for it) failed to materialise - despatched on Monday, arrived Tuesday, no, Wednesday, no, Thursday, yes. Suppose their was possible delays due to the weather. Mine had padding from pages torn out of the 2016 Hornby Handbook.

A week or so ago, I sent a packet to a customer via RM first class that took four days to arrive.

Unusual, though - nowadays first class usually means next day.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• 1 month later...

Always had a great service from these guys but for the first time I've received a damaged item. The parcel was not damaged and the contents were well packed. No reply to my email yet but I suppose this is when you find out just how good/concerned they are.

Always had a great service from these guys but for the first time I've received a damaged item. The parcel was not damaged and the contents were well packed. No reply to my email yet but I suppose this is when you find out just how good/concerned they are.

Dont hold your breath I’ve been waiting 3 weeks now for a response but nothing! and I too would praise them in the past for great service but of late it’s not been so good sadly

• RMweb Premium

Dont hold your breath I’ve been waiting 3 weeks now for a response but nothing! and I too would praise them in the past for great service but of late it’s not been so good sadly

As it is possible that your first commnication was not received have you tried again? They normally respond within a 24-hour timeframe unless a specific staff member needs to respond.

• RMweb Gold

They received it, without doubt! PM sent

So pick up your phone and ask.Sometimes antique methods of communication can be surprisingly effective.

At the risk of repeating what is often said of Kernow,this is a small but effective organisation that punches well above its weight.Which of us is occasionally guilty of the sin of a fall from grace ? Sign on the dotted line.............

These  days  when  I  place  a  Kernow  order  I  simply pick up the phone  and  actually  speak  to  them I find  it  actually  saves  time  and  many of  my orders  are  multi item orders as  well!

. I have  dealt  with  them  for  many  years  without  any  problems

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And on another thread you will find folk anxiously awaiting their bijou pre-ordered GWR tank locos. Kernow have, after all, just had a large consignment arrive from China. This is a firm that suffers regular overload in its tiny premises, however hard the staff work!

So pick up your phone and ask.Sometimes antique methods of communication can be surprisingly effective.

At the risk of repeating what is often said of Kernow,this is a small but effective organisation that punches well above its weight.Which of us is occasionally guilty of the sin of a fall from grace ? Sign on the dotted line.............

The email was as a result to a phone call!!! I appreciate they may be small but good manners cost nothing and that was the cause of the compliant in the first case

Edited by Western Dave

Peoples expectations today beggars belief. I am the only one I must get an instant reply XYZ have not replied in a millisecond there must be a disaster .  

Don't start me on that one. I own and run a business with 3 ecommerce websites and have that all day long.... I wasn't expecting an instant response but would have thought if their MD was bothered in my concern he would have taken the trouble to make contact before 3 weeks (and counting) had passed? Like I said in a PM life is what it is and its their loss I have placed orders with other smaller shops

Don't start me on that one. I own and run a business with 3 ecommerce websites and have that all day long.... I wasn't expecting an instant response but would have thought if their MD was bothered in my concern he would have taken the trouble to make contact before 3 weeks (and counting) had passed? Like I said in a PM life is what it is and its their loss I have placed orders with other smaller shops

Kernow are the most efficient and obliging model railway shop that I have ever dealt with.

Given your attitude here, it would seem that Kernow and you are incompatible; they will probably benefit more than you from your having taken your trade elsewhere!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Kernow are the most efficient and obliging model railway shop that I have ever dealt with.r

Given your attitude here, it would seem that Kernow and you are incompatible; they will probably benefit more than you from your having taken your trade elsewhere!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

If expecting a response within 3 weeks is a bad attitude then I’m guilty without a doubt, but as you are not aware of the full facts of the issue and that I was actually trying to help them save money by colsolidating orders as I know full well how tight margins are and how demanding customers I would not have expected to have encountered he repose I did from them not once but twice when I was trying to work with them it is they who would save money not me as all the back orders were free carriage. And if you check online would see it’s not just me with the same concern.

Sometimes it can take a lot of time to amalgamate two or more orders into one package, and as we all know time is money so it can be more cost effective to simply send them out as two or more orders.

Also the time dealing with your phone calls and emails means they cant be packing (your) orders.

As others have stated, Kernow are a tiny shop who punch well above their weight.

• RMweb Gold

The email was as a result to a phone call!!! I appreciate they may be small but good manners cost nothing and that was the cause of the compliant in the first case

Your argument might have been more convincing had you mentioned that in the first place....but you didn't. The wider issue is raising something on open forum which surely....as you can see from the responses of other members here....is seen as vexatious.

If we really take issue with any retailer might it not be better policy to settle it off forum and in private rather than bandy accusations of bad manners which are injurious and may be harmful in the longer term to that business ?

I was going to suggest giving Western Dave some slack but then I remembered this:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62714-hattons-model-railways-of-widnes-formerly-liverpool/page-61?

Dang, can't get the link to work correctly, goto page 61 about three quarters down the page onwards

Lets try this way-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62714-hattons-model-railways-of-widnes-formerly-liverpool/?p=2925801

Fingers crossed this is the correct post??

Edit-

Yahay it worked, signed A Technophobe.

Edited by royaloak

I was going to suggest giving Western Dave some slack but then I remembered this:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62714-hattons-model-railways-of-widnes-formerly-liverpool/page-61?

Dang, can't get the link to work correctly, goto page 61 about three quarters down the page onwards

:scratchhead: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• RMweb Premium

I do not intend to weigh into an argument nor rise to bait. I received a PM from Western Dave identifying the team member in question. This is someone who I know as a friend and who, within the business, has never to my knowledge offered less than the best service. I speak as I find. Other opinions may be available.