Kernow Model Rail Shop

37pits

• RMweb Gold

I think there is a perception issue. WD has his own ecommerce websites, though he's not said for what except it's not this industry. As such, he might expect the same level of service he provides to be available from those companies he purchases from.

Except this is a toy train, hobby industry. With few exceptions, there is no urgency in requiring any one item, let alone £600 worth.

His attitude towards Hattons & Kernow is one of frustration towards, as he sees it, a poor service. But he has showed little understanding as to why that may be, just that it's wrong. Bleating about it on the forum will never win friends, due to the support for these, and many other suppliers, for whom most of us give a little slack.

It's a shame he's left the forum, maybe he might have learnt a little more tolerance.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

To be fair to WD, many of us found the prolonged Hattons website and stock control woes of last autumn hugely frustrating, he was in good company there, though perhaps a little more vocal than most. It is interesting though that Hattons went on to win both the suppliers and website awards in the recently published awards... so they must be doing something right for a lot of people!

The Kernow issue is different I feel. WD’s protestations are not shared by many others. However I can well understand how a much smaller but still busy concern might find their ‘in-tray’ overwhelmed at times, particularly when growing the business as Kernow seems to be. Context is everything.

I think there is a perception issue. WD has his own ecommerce websites, though he's not said for what except it's not this industry. As such, he might expect the same level of service he provides to be available from those companies he purchases from.

Except this is a toy train, hobby industry. With few exceptions, there is no urgency in requiring any one item, let alone £600 worth.

His attitude towards Hattons & Kernow is one of frustration towards, as he sees it, a poor service. But he has showed little understanding as to why that may be, just that it's wrong. Bleating about it on the forum will never win friends, due to the support for these, and many other suppliers, for whom most of us give a little slack.

It's a shame he's left the forum, maybe he might have learnt a little more tolerance.

Tolerance on this forum  :D

I do not intend to weigh into an argument nor rise to bait. I received a PM from Western Dave identifying the team member in question. This is someone who I know as a friend and who, within the business, has never to my knowledge offered less than the best service. I speak as I find. Other opinions may be available.

And, speaking of signatures:

All images posted remain my Copyright © (full name provided upon request) and may not be saved, downloaded, copied or otherwise re-used in any way without my written consent, permitted fair dealing excepted.

Does viewing your posts count as "permitted fair dealing" (whatever that is)? Because by simply viewing your posts we automatically download your images (unless using a text-only browser, it's how browsers work).

Would you be able to provide a form for us to sign so that we can view your posts without threat of legal action?

Ta in advance.

Yours,

A. Lawyer-Buttkicker

• RMweb Gold

And, speaking of signatures:

Does viewing your posts count as "permitted fair dealing" (whatever that is)? Because by simply viewing your posts we automatically download your images (unless using a text-only browser, it's how browsers work).

Would you be able to provide a form for us to sign so that we can view your posts without threat of legal action?

Ta in advance.

Yours,

A. Lawyer-Buttkicker

What has this got to do with Kernow models?

Rob

Nothing, of course, just mentioned in context with the previous. It would be pretty much OT in any thread, but pertains to many threads.

It bothers me when people add legalese (which I suspect they don't understand the full ramifications of) into posts/signatures.

In this case, the whole issue of photos/art being 'stolen' dates back years. Simply put, if you don't want it stolen, don't post it to the web. But don't use ignorance to put legalese binders on people who are simply viewing the web page.

I don't have a problem with a member confirming their rights and copyright of any material.

Neither do I! Except this:

may not be...downloaded...permitted fair dealing excepted

As you well know, in order to view an image it has to be downloaded to the browser. So, by simply viewing, we are downloading, thereby contravening the T&C. Unless, of course, "permitted fair dealing" covers this eventuality. In which case, (a) fair do's, and (b) why not be transparent about it?

My experience as a long-distance customer of Kernow is that their service is usually blinding fast, and occasionally, just reasonably fast.  I can't comment on problems with orders because so far, I haven't had any with them.  I understand that they have had a busy time recently though.

• RMweb Gold

Neither do I! Except this:

As you well know, in order to view an image it has to be downloaded to the browser. So, by simply viewing, we are downloading, thereby contravening the T&C. Unless, of course, "permitted fair dealing" covers this eventuality. In which case, (a) fair do's, and (b) why not be transparent about it?

Once again this has nothing to do with Kernow models.

Please start your own thread to discuss such drivel.

Rob.

• Agree 1

Kernow on their toes as usual

Ordered a good quantity of kits and bits last Monday evening (19th Feb), and the Spanish Post lady was hammering on my door the following Monday morning, in deepest darkest Catalonia.

Above: Already nearing completion a Ratio (Cat No 528) GWR water tower. This is for my exhibition layout "Basingstoke 1958-67" (87ft x 24ft) to go in the ex GWR "North Yard". Layout construction and stock can be seen in the category "Modelling real locations" here on RMweb. 

Thanks again for the excellent service.

Edited by 71000
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

I ordered from Kernow for the first time yesterday.  Called at lunchtime, got emails confiming postage that afternoon and the items arrived this morning.  Can't really ask for more.

The chap who took my call (Kevin, according to my receipt) was friendly and helpful.

I'll definitly consider Kernow for my future purchases.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...