Kernow Model Rail Shop

37pits

• RMweb Gold

Kernow just let me know they have some Revolution IZAs is stock. It must be important (or desperate) as they sent the e-mail three times at 10:56, 10:59 and 11:01

Ha ha! I only got it once, sent at 11:01.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Kernow just let me know they have some Revolution IZAs is stock. It must be important (or desperate) as they sent the e-mail three times at 10:56, 10:59 and 11:01

It was to encourage you to buy multiples of three!

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...

Big thumbs up from me today for the folk at Kernow, especially Greg!

I had ordered something on Monday that should have been delivered yesterday (Tues)

When it didn’t arrive I phoned,  then later emailed, the shop.  Evidently the parcel had been collected by the carriers but not forwarded to the hub.

During the afternoon Greg made approaches to the carrier firm to press the issue and emailed me updates right up to the point of him going home at 17.45.

Then, this morning, he was on the case shortly after 08.30 and before 09.00 he was able to confirm to me when the delivery would take place this afternoon.

That’s real customer care in my book - very well done Kernow and much appreciated.

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Email newsletter received yesterday 14.16

Bargain spotted and order placed at 15.50

Packing and despatch notification at 15.59

Parcel delivered (via basic RM option) at 10.01 this morning.

Can't moan about that for efficiency!

• Like 5
  • Agree 9

5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Fairly typical (ie EXCELLENT)  service  from  Kernow  I have  used  them  for  many  years , never  had  a  single problem and   orders  delivered  next  day

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 02/03/2019 at 10:06, AY Mod said:

You forgot 10.02 sneaking the parcel in past the wife being caught and protesting you need it for a BRM article.

10.08 buyers remorse do I really need it as it doesn't really fit my modelling era maybe I will put on eBay in 6 months!

• Funny 4

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Markwj said:

You forgot 10.02 sneaking the parcel in past the wife being caught and protesting you need it for a BRM article.

10.08 buyers remorse do I really need it as it doesn't really fit my modelling era maybe I will put on eBay in 6 months!

It works the other way here...

"Is that more work?"

"Nope, these are toys for me."

"Oh, that's alright then."

She says I should spend more time modelling; should I be worried?

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

On 02/03/2019 at 10:06, AY Mod said:

I am looking at this from a different perspective.

Kernow seem to have taken a total of 9 minutes from receiving your order to actually having it picked, packed, ready for collection and emailed you. Commendable indeed.

But it took you 94 minutes to make up your mind!

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

But it took you 94 minutes to make up your mind!

No , he had to do a Google search first to make sure it was a bargain.:jester:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Some of us are happy to make a 650-mile round trip to visit in person ;)

This weekend's trip was not one of those however as I only had a very brief overnight stop in Penzance.  The next visit to Trelowarren Street is scheduled for early May.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Heard these guys are opening a shop in Guildford - this is great news!!!  

For some reason, there is a woeful lack of physical model shops in SW London (none in fact) and Surrey.... I have to travel 45min to my ‘nearest’ model shop in Addlestone, but Guildford is much easier and quicker to get to :-)

Great decision guys :-) !!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Excellent service from Kernow.

I received a model locomotive with a fault.

I emailed them and got a positive reply as to what action to take 9 minutes later.

Goods returned and replaced with a tested model.

All completed in 4 days.

Bernard

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I decided to take the detour today and spent some money.  There wasn't anything in the 'specials' that particularly tickled my wallet but I did buy some other things, so it was worth it.

On the plus side, a very well stocked shop with loads of stock of all types in all the common gauges plus plenty of scenics, track and other useful stuff despite obviously getting a good hammering in its first week. A wide range of "walletemptium" and lots of interesting things to look at although no obvious ranges I hadn't come across previously.  Nice to see the Peco "bullhead" close up and if they are going to expand the range I may well restart construction of my steam era layout in progress to use it.  

The only two negatives really is that firstly even on a sunday parking nearby was atrocious, and it took me 5 minutes to find a space in a nearby side street.  I didn't have time to go to one of the 5-10 minute walk car parks and was close to giving up.  Secondly there really needs to be a contact phone number for the shop as so many people will want to check that something is in stock before doing the journey, especially if like me you aren't a "local" and it's a long detour or special journey to get there.  I guess that there isn't much that can be done about the former, although I'd have thought that there would have been other empty shops in the town with better parking availability (being Guildford I guess they don't like us common folk parking outside and it's the same everywhere) but hopefully the phone issue will be addressed soon as it seems silly to have to ring Camborne every time and wait for a call back.

As it's not sufficiently "close to home" to warrant a special visit, I guess that it'll continue as an occasional passing through particularly for odds and ends of low value, and the rest of my needs will continue to be served mail order from wherever is convenient or as I'm out and about travelling.

• Like 3